Synesis Placement Solutions was established in 2005 with the objective of becoming one of the most trusted and reliable recruitment agencies in Thailand. We hold ourselves to high standards of professionalism, integrity, and accuracy to our clients. We pride ourselves in being able to deliver a thoroughly satisfactory experience with every project we do.
By taking the time to clearly understand the specific needs of each of our clients and offering our flexible solutions on a timely basis, we allow our clients to focus on their core business without being interrupted with the resource shortage problem.
Logistic Specialist / Supply Chain
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001211709
Client helps companies around the world design, build and manage their wired and wireless networks. Our network infrastructure solutions help customers increase bandwidth; maximize existing capacity; improve network performance and availability; increase energy efficiency; and simplify technology migration. You will find our solutions in the largest buildings, venues and outdoor spaces; in data centers and buildings of all shapes, sizes and complexity; at wireless cell sites and in cable headends; and in airports, trains, and tunnels. Vital networks around the world run on our client solutions.
The incumbent will be responsible for supervising distribution center(s) operation from receiving material/order, value-added activities to shipping and inventory maintenance to provide optimal customer service.
- Assists in the establishment and ensures the execution of operational procedures and standards for distribution centers within assigned region.Plans, develops and implements safety and security programs and activities if needed.
- Assists with contracts negotiation, settlements, and freight-handling agreements/arrangements with vendors/suppliers to ensure effective shipment of product. Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations and consults specialists to effect release of shipments.
- Interacts with customers to solicit new business, answer questions about services offered/required and investigate/resolve complaints.
- Confers with other functional areas, such as Operations, Planning, Sales, Contract Administration, Management, etc., to review/analyze invoicing, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts.
- Monitors and controls resources and oversees budgets of assigned region. Identifies and initiates the purchase of material and/or services as required for the region.
- If necessary, develops staffing plans and establishes work plans and schedules. Prioritizes staff workloads in order to meet product needs/objectives. Responsible for personnel management including, but not limited to, recruitment, training, performance management/appraisals, salary administration, terminations and a commitment to diversity.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis/reporting of financial data normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination, and execution. This includes the following:
- strategic planning
- resource allocation
- manpower modeling
- leadership and production techniques
- various methods of moving goods by air, rail, sea or road, including their relative costs, advantages and limitations
- This normally is acquired through more than 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in distribution, manufacturing or logistics.
- Experience interpreting and enforcing policies and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions. This includes recruitment, selection, training, and promotion regulations and procedures, compensation and benefit packages, and employee relations. This normally is acquired through 2 plus years of supervisory/managerial responsibility.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to discuss issues with internal/external contacts and prepare various reports.