Logistic Service Coordinator
BDP Asia - Pacific Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001248138
- Handle and provide the shipping schedule of all Import and Export shipment for specific customers.
- Reserve space of vessel to meet as order requires.
- Coordination with transporter and freight forwarder/carrier agent.
- Solve the problem happening for order on hand.
- Check Debit note from third parties and send to customer.
- Do the system entry and prepare for reports
Working Place : Asoke, Bangkok
Position : 1 position
- Male or Female, Thai nationality
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years working experience in logistics forwarder, and/or as direct shipper or exporter
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, Power Point, etc
- Good communicate and written in English
- Strong interpersonal, communications skills,
- Good team player, Hard working Knowledge and experience in SAP and LC is an advantage
- Positive thinking
How to apply
- Click APPLY NOW to submit your application.
If you read all this and think you were born and bred for this role, get in touch. We will be happy to have an in-depth conversation about the role to the right person.
Apply to :
Ms. Kamonrat Sriruya
BDP Asia-Pacific Ltd.
170/53 Ocean Tower 1, 17th Floor, Soi Sukhumvit 16 (Sammitr) Ratchadapisek Road,
Klongtoey, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Tel: 02 661 8000 ext 608
Fax: 02 661 9111
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to BDP Asia - Pacific Ltd.
About BDP Asia - Pacific Ltd.
Based in the US, BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding US$2.1 billion. With a network of wholly-owned operations, joint ventures and affiliates in more than 130 countries, including more than 270 offices across the world, BDP People believe in delivering on the promise of service excellence one customer at a time. It’s about people who listen and communicate whether it’s across the office or across the globe. It serves chemicals, healthcare, oil and gas, life sciences, and retail and consumer goods logistics sectors.
It takes 3 precious assets to build the BDP Experience for our customers - People, Process and Technology.
- It begins with a solid understanding of operating standards and processes
- Understanding the logistics requirements of our global customers and supply chain partners
- Implementing continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the tools such as BDPSmart and processes are in place to deliver the BDP Experience of unexpected value
BDP’s Global Talent Management team is further proof that BDP is committed to investing in its most important asset, our People. We execute this by having global responsibility for the education and development of all employees through the Mentoring Program, the Leadership Development Program (LDP) and BDP University.