DENLA BRITISH SCHOOL, BANGKOK
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001283495
POST TITLE: Librarian
LOCATION: Denla British School,Thailand
REPORTING LINE: Head of Pre-Prep
The Librarian is responsible for organising and managing collections of journals, books, magazines, newspapers, electronic documents, and other data resources. The Librarian will also be responsible for organising mini lessons, crafts, and story time. School librarians will often work with children to help guide them to material of the appropriate reading level. The Librarian will monitor the checking out and returning of books. In addition, they are responsible for helping students find and understand information within the library that they may need.
- Ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers and skilful researchers.
- Foster a love of learning and reading in each student.
- Ensure access to information for all students of varying abilities.
- Collaborate with class teachers, specialist teachers, and curriculum consultants for the design and implementation of units and lessons.
- Assist student learning and the effectiveness of teaching.
- Provide expertise to ensure that the school library programme thrives.
- Share communication skills; instil enthusiasm in others by showing how they are an important part of the library.
- Foster an environment of creativity, innovation, and openness to new ideas.
- Create a resource-based environment that is conducive to active and participatory learning.
- Share instructional practices, and collaborate with teaching staff
- Encourage instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning,
- Collect and analyse data to improve instruction and to demonstrate correlations between the library programmes and student achievement
- Maintain active memberships in professional associations.
- Remain an active, accessible, and informed proponent of the school library profession.
- Participate in the curriculum development process.
- Ensure that support material for curricula include information, media, visual, digital, and technological literacy to support all students.
- Collaborate with teachers and students to incorporate multiple literacies and foster critical thinking
School Values and Ethos
- To actively promote our Vision and Mission through enthusiastic participation in school life.
- To follow school policies and procedures.
- To be a role model to all children within the School.
- To maintain high standards of professional behaviour in accordance with the school’s ethos, including timekeeping and personal presentation.
- To be a learner and reflect upon the role in order to improve your own skills.
- To always maintain professional relationships with colleagues.
NB: This Job Description may be altered to meet changing needs and will be reviewed with the post holder. The Job Description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with the post. It is not intended to be exhaustive; other tasks may be allocated as necessary from time to time.
- Degree and/or professional Librarian qualification.
Experience and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in reading, writing English and numeracy skills, bi-lingualism is desirable.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Relevant experience working with children to support learning is desirable.
- Experience of working in an international school is desirable, but not a requirement
- Strong personal-relations and team-working skills.
- Ability to use ICT under direction.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Ability to work with and apply all school policies.
- Rigorous can-do attitude, positive team player with a growth mindset and a sense of humour.
The successful candidate will receive salary and benefits commensurate to their skills and experience.
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School s/he must report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Principal (if different).
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to DENLA BRITISH SCHOOL, BANGKOK
About DENLA BRITISH SCHOOL, BANGKOK
( No Description )