Panyaden International School/โรงเรียนนานาชาติปัญญาเด่น
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001247688
To plan and implement the school's library policy in consultation with the Head Teachers, Management Team and in conjunction with the overall School Development Plan.
- Support the school by
- Managing, maintaining and promoting the school library and teaching resources
- Identifying and buying quality resources for the school library
- Assisting in the delivery of information skills and information literacy teaching in the school
- Selecting resources from the Schools Library Services to support teaching units chosen by teachers
- Promoting enjoyment of, and excitement about reading to all children
- Establishing skills for independent learning
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement the school library curriculum.
- Suggest improvement to the school library curriculum.
- Develop and promote the role of the library in the school with an active engagement in diversity and equality issues.
- Work closely with teaching staff to plan and deliver the information.
- Promote the effective and efficient use of the library and library resources.
- Work with teaching staff to take a strategic approach to cultivating a love of reading in children.
- Manage the school library and library resources throughout the school:
- Select, acquire, maintain and withdraw library stock, ensuring a balance between subject, languages and ability levels and show an active engagement in diversity and equality issues.
- Organise, catalogue and classify library resources, both electronic and print-based.
- Prepare financial estimates for the school library and manage the budget.
- Supervise and train staff and parents in the library.
- Make full use of ICT in the library.
- Make full use of the Schools Library Service and other sources of information and support.
- Make the library attractive and accessible to all children and staff, including displays, guiding and publicity materials.
- Keep the head teachers informed about the needs and development of the library and information service in the school.
- Organise onsite book fairs for parents and students.
- Oversee the activities of the school annual Reading Week.
- Manage the school book club (online book purchasing for parents)
- Keep updating the inventory.
- Set up and keep the teachers’ resource center organised
- Support the school with other school duties assigned by Head teachers, such as but not limited to ground or nap supervision
Person Specification Knowledge
- Knowledge of children's literature and children's resources to support the curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of library and information skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning, of educational issues and the Curriculum as they relate to the provision of learning resources.
- Knowledge of and commitment to diversity issues in the provision of library services.
- Knowledge of how ICT can be used to support reading development.
- Awareness of child development and the role of reading in the educational development of the child.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Substantial library experience, with experience of working with schools or with children.
- Strong spoken and written English.
- Thai Nationality, administrative skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to adapt to very different audiences in Thai.
- Proficient in English, speaking, reading and writing.
- Ability to use library management systems and other ICT software.
- Ability to assume responsibility for your own work, devise your own work schedule and set appropriate targets and achieve them.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiatives that will enhance the quality of education offered at Panyaden
School Web Site http://www.internationalschoolinchiangmai.com/recruitment/
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Panyaden International School/โรงเรียนนานาชาติปัญญาเด่น
About Panyaden International School/โรงเรียนนานาชาติปัญญาเด่น
Panyaden International School is situated in the south of Chiang Mai. The School philosophy is based on Buddhist principles integrated with a modern curriculum, resulting in a holistic education. Our goal is that students who pass Prathom 6 (Year7) will not only have internationally competitive reading, writing, mathematics and science skills, but are also equipped with skills and knowledge for sustainable living, such as how to grow rice, repair clothes, use essential tools and understand the importance of social responsibility. Core principle: - Inner peace and wisdom through a Buddhist approach - Self-sufficient individuals through the application of common sense and traditional knowledge - Environmentally mindful practices - Independent and creative personalities through holistic principles - Academically competitive through a modern bilingual curriculum
More Jobs from this employer