Legal Counsel (Mandarin Speaking)
Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001227065
Purpose of the job:
- The Contracts function supports bid and project execution by assuming responsibility for the legal and contract related aspects. This includes for example: Assessing - at bid stage - the potential risks in contracts terms and conditions and developing appropriate mitigating measures; seeking approval and mandates from group and via group from corporate headquarters, as required; participating in negotiations with customers and partners; and drafting appropriate partnership agreements. Contracts also ensures the compliance of contracts with given mandates, drafts appropriate contracts for subcontractors, assists Procurement and Project Management with contract related legal issues throughout the life of a project and manages project-related litigation.
- Contracts ensures the legal support for new and existing projects within the APAC region.
- Contracts manages support from the respective functions concerning insurance, tax, IPR, bank guarantee and Parent Company guarantee issues.
- Contracts coordinates and prepares litigation and supports Project Management concerning claim management.
- Contracts provides legal support to other functions of APAC i.e.helps rolling out policies and directives of Group or Corporate Contracts/legaldrafting internal memos, policies, and rules, providing relative trainings to other functions and supervising the implementation of the internal rules of Corporate, Group and APAC.
- Bid Approval process: Participation in phases 2, 3 and 4 (respectively Pre-Bid Phase, Bid Preparation Phase, Negotiation Phase)
- Procurement: Preparation of “master” terms and conditions for subcontractors and general support when needed for contract negotiations.
- Project Management: Manage litigation and support Claim Management. Provide support to project directors during execution
- Management: Overall management of relationship and mandates with external councils.
- Claim Management (Coordination/Support)
- For the Legal entities under the responsibility of the position:
- Ensuringingt all quarterly/yearly required corporate activities are duly completed and reported internally in GEMS and / or externally as the case may be.
- Ensuring all corporate activities requiring CSARs as per BT’s governance are executed.
- Provide support on corporate affairs to Group/Corporate Legal.
- Solid legal education (commercial law, civil law, public procurement law)
Relevant experience required
- 5 years of experience in Legal Background in International Environment
- Understanding and ability to work in many different national legal systems, profound understanding of international legal contexts and the dynamics of the interaction between a large number of jurisdictions
- Commercial background regarding international business
- An experience in advising turnkey projects and or PPP projects is considered as an asset
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Good economical understanding and the ability to relate to technical issues.
- Deeply route understanding of the key success factors in an industry
- Highest personal flexibility, initiative and commitment that will enable him/her to be “part of the solution” at any time combined with a hardworking “hands on “ mannerism and a pragmatic view to achieve economic goals. Working in an organized, structured and professional manner
- Being a team player and open and honest personality is a must
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Mandarin is required
- Good background/understanding in North Asia Culture (China, Taiwan, South Korea)
- Good knowledge of MS office suite
- Highest sense of responsibility
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
About Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
Bombardier is the world’s largest manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Every day, millions of people get where they need to go aboard the planes and trains that we manufacture. Perhaps you do too. We rank among the leaders in two fast-paced industries:
- In aerospace, we have the industry's most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and are a leader in both business and regional aircraft.
- In rail transportation, we’re the world's largest equipment and systems manufacturer.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montreal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes.
Our APAC Regional office is based in Bangkok as a part of Bombardier Transportation, offering a comprehensive portfolio of rail systems including integrated control systems, computer and relay based interlocking, automatic train control systems and wayside equipment for mass transit and mainline.
Visit us at www.bombardier.com or contact us if you are looking for a challenging and international career opportunity.