American Bar Association (ABA)
The American Bar Association’s Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is an international development program that promotes the rule of law. ABA ROLI works with regional partners to build sustainable institutions and societies that deliver justice, foster economic opportunity, and ensure respect for human dignity.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001218404
ABA ROLI is recruiting for a highly motivated Legal Consultant to manage and deliver rule of law capacity building projects.
- Conduct research on legal and governance topics relevant to Southeast Asia
- Organise and facilitate capacity building events with high-level attendees
- Manage and deliver rule of law capacity building programs
- Represent ABA ROLI at stakeholder meetings
- Prepare and deliver presentations for ABA ROLI
- Draft high quality correspondence, briefings and reports
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor degree in law or related field, plus master's degree (preferred)
- At least five years of professional experience
- Fluent business-level English communication, both oral and formal written
- Competent, dependable management skills
- Trustworthy judgment, tact, and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and harmoniously in teams
- Experience planning and hosting events
- Ability to undertake regional and international travel, and flexibility to work occasionally outside regular business hours
- Interest in corruption prevention
- Knowledge of Thai or US government reporting requirements and regulations (preferred)
Please send your updated CV with expected salary to Chitvimol by October 21, 2016.
Only applicants passing initial screening will be contacted and applicants will be asked to take a short English language writing test.