“Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited ("TTA") is a strategic investment holding company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. Its investment strategy is to grow through a balanced and diversified business portfolio of transport, energy, and infrastructure assets, both domestically and internationally. Previously, TTA has primarily invested in the dry bulk shipping and related shipping services businesses. The company has since expanded its investments into other business areas, such as offshore services through Mermaid Maritime Public Company Limited, fertilisers and logistics through Baconco Co., Ltd., coal-related businesses through Merton Group (Cyprus) Limited and Unique Mining Services Public Company Limited, petroleum tankers through Petrolift, Inc, and ports through Baria Joint Stock Company of Service for Import Export of Agro Forestry Products and Fertilizers”
Legal and Contracts Manager
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001226099
Company: Mermaid Maritime Public Company Limited
Mermaid Maritime, one of Thoresen Group, is a leading international subsea and offshore drilling services company. Our corporate headquarters is in Thailand and we are listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange. We have operational bases in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Location: BKK (Orakarn building, Soi Chidlom)
Handle all legal and risk management issues that arise within the Mermaid Group companies, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Draft, review, comment, and negotiate commercial agreements to support operations including:
- Charter Party Agreements;
- Client Project Agreements;
- Diving Services Agreements;
- ROV Services Agreements;
- Equipment Hire Agreements;
- Procurement Agreements;
- Project Agreements with Clients;
- Share holder Agreements;
- Loan Agreements;
- Client project services agreements;
- Agreements for asset purchases and disposals thereof;
- Other commercial agreements.
- Drafting all documents ancillary to these agreements; i.e. contractual amendments, notifications of dispute etc.
- Resolution of contractual disputes and other legal disputes.
- Risk management and maintenance of a protective insurance portfolio.
- Representing Mermaid at meetings concerning legal and contractual negotiations.
- Deal with government agencies outside of Thailand as required.
- Deal with foreign embassies within and outside Thailand as required.
- Conduct legal research as required form time to time.
- Advise company of legal requirements as and when required.
- Establish offshore companies as and when required.
- Deal with the legal aspects of vessel management, e.g. purchasing, flagging, insurance, establishment of supply contracts etc.
- Draft internal intercompany agreements between Mermaid entities for audit purposes.
- Provide legal reviews and prepare legal documents necessary for bid submissions.
- Draft employment and consultancy agreements as required, and assist with employment terminations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law and must be admitted to court in a common law jurisdiction.
- Must have experience in dealing with large projects base contracts; and at least 4 years experience dealing with all aspects of international marine, subsea or engineering contracts and transactions;
- 3 or more years prior general commercial law experience working in-house for a company, government organisation or a private law firm;
- Communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Excellent computer literacy
- Knowledge on safety equipment and supply
- Personal Attribute; Responsive, Detailed, systematic, Organized, Persuasive Communicative
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please send your full resume in Word or PDF format by click "Apply Now"
Corporate Human Resources Department
Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited
26/26-27 Orakarn Building, 7th Floor, Soi Chidlom,
Ploenchit, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330