OKKAMI Group is on a mission to provide the optimum mobile application for the world traveler.
Through seamless integration of leading solutions to the global hospitality industry, we offer a dynamic solution to a traveler essential throughout the travel cycle, from a trip around the world to a quick stop to a local destination.
Our group has been empowered through recent acquisitions of FINGI (USA), a market leader in mobile app platform with an eco system of 50+ mobile integrations, and KoolConnect Technologies (USA) / INNVUE (Canada), flexible iTV solutions servicing over 30,000 hotel roomsin8countries.
Headquartered in New York with regional offices in Tokyo, Dubai, Quebec and Bangkok.
Lead UX/UI Designer
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001258261
The Lead UX/UI Designer is responsible for designing beautiful products that enhance the user experience for our global travel customers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an Agile squad, while collaborating closely with others. You will work closely with on-site members of your team as well as with other teams internationally.
The ideal candidate will excel in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with team collaboration and open communication.
This is a unique opportunity to join an Agile development methodology and cloud products.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the design expert for assigned products and create user interfaces in the product that are beautiful, efficient and take advantage of next-generation technologies and techniques
- Partner with the Product Owner to prioritize design and engineering goals. Contribute and collaborate with team members in formulating data-driven product workflow assumptions
- Subject matter expert on crafting the appropriate UX / UI solution and defining the vision of the end-to-end user experience.
- An end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- Produce workflow diagrams, wireframes, and final comps for mobile and desktop applications
- Provide project estimate for UI Design time and effort
- Work with engineers and product managers to implement your designs Work with product and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of designs into the product
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years designing with UI/UX practices, strong understanding of product development, all user experience disciplines, Lean UX and Agile methodologies
- Strong proficiency working with diagramming and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web / mobile-based environments
- Solid understanding of brand and capable of executing designs that support and communicate the brand value
- Experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
- Ability to quickly execute design work utilizing simulation applications to achieve a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints
- Experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Well-versed in the latest UI/UX trends and technologies
- Mastery with a range of current design and prototyping tools: Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive problem solving ability
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Must have publish mobile applications in the past and strong portfolio