Lead Quality Sourcing Engineer
Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001255015
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Pathumwan, Bangkok
The Company: Our Client is one of the the world’s Digital Industrial Company.
Lead Sourcing Quality Engineer –Large Fabrication & Machining will be responsible for to aachieving Supplier Quality goals for assigned supplier base & commodity, Meeting sourcing goals across product group (Focused on Cost, Quality & Delivery). Contributing to growth plans with existing & new suppliers. Working in a boundary-less manner with diverse global teams to achieve the above results
- Will be the technical & EHS focal point for administering Concrete Hybrid Towers supplier quality process .Will be responsible for on time delivery of supplies from towers & other fabrication suppliers.
- Will be the technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of fabricated and machined components in Rest Of Asia Region. Establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements.
- Work closely with various functions in GE Renewables-On shore business to conduct First Piece Qualification (FPQ), Quality Surveillance and Capacity audits. Also, assist with new supplier and product development.
- Aid in supplier approval process
– manufacturing, technology, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) risk analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier’s quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma and Lean.
- Work closely with Sourcing, Manufacturing, Project Management and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may effect quality and delivery requirements.
- Required to work with large fabricated/machined components, similar to those produced in ship, rolling-stock, chemical factory or large automotive industry. Work experience in power generation equipment (piping and hydraulic/fluid assemblies) is highly valued.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills: background in interpretation of blueprints/specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment.
- Passion for excellence, high integrity, commitment to quality, fluent in oral and written in English, willing to take frequent travel.
- Accurate & rigorous evaluation of current and potential suppliers using multiple tools - Develop, communicate & execute component fulfilment plan for the region.
- Maintain & upgrade product & process quality at suppliers
- Drive & ensure compliance to supplier facing processes (Audits, PPAP, CARs, SDRs, etc) - Identify & qualify new products & suppliers in the region to drive growth
- Collaborate with other functions as required to execute PPAP projects
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions etc.
- Perform site audits and lead efforts with management teams to assign and implement corrective actions.
- Drive root cause analysis (RCA) on issues, and drive corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs) to closure
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgical/Production Engineering Degree.
- Desired Masters Degree in the above disciplines
- Hands-on experience in supplier development and practical manufacturing (shop floor) exposure. Supplier quality management or supplier technical development experience
- Welding: Atleast 5-7 years hands-on experience in as welding or machining engineer for carbon or stainless steel materials. GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, SAW and other joining process expertise are preferred: familiarity with ASME, ASTM, and EN fabrication standards is highly valued.
- International Welding Engineer or AWS CWI preferred. Familiar with Non-destructive test (NDT) is required - Green Belt Certification for GE Internal Candidates
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
- Negotiation expertise is preferred
Please submit your up-to-date CV in MS Word format, and state your current and
expected salary to
Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Fircroft Thailand Limited
Unit 2202, Level 22nd, Pacific Place II,
142 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel. 66-2-653-2947 Ext 113, Fax: 66-2-653-2948
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
About Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
Fircroft is one of the world's leading technical recruitment agencies, with a turnover of USD 1.5 billion (2013). With network of offices and joint operations supporting over 66 countries worldwide, Fircroft has global contracts with the world’s largest energy companies and some of the world's leading engineering companies.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 44 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide.
We currently have over 8,000 contractors placed in roles around the world and, as well as contractor recruitment, we also fill permanent job vacancies across our key sectors; Oil & Gas, Automotive, Power & Energy, Mining & Minerals and Engineering.
Our success and reputation hinges on our people-centred approach. By ensuring our own people are focused, committed and approachable, we make sure the recruitment process is both seamless and enjoyable.
When it comes to finding people the right job - we’re the right people for the job.