Lead Logistics Leader - ASEAN, ANZ, Japan
General Electric International Operations Co., Inc.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001192511
The Lead Logistics Leader is a key role in the GE Onshore Wind in the Rest Of Asia Region [ANZ,
ASEAN, Japan & Singapore] & is accountable for:
- Domestic Logistics Movement, Project Logistics movement, Project Site Logistics Movement.
- Achieving Logistics goals on costs , quality & Delivery for inbound & outbound logistics.
- Partner with the Project & services team for on time delivery of components.
- The incumbent in this role would manage Import, export, Domestic Logistics, work with global & Asia Pacifics sourcing & COE teams to drive best Logistics cost, ensure compliance & regulations and drive best logistics lead-time in co-ordination with approved freight forwarders.
- Analyze transportation market in the region; identify logistics service providers for transportation, warehousing etc., in consultation with Logistics sourcing leaders.
- Provide consulting and risk assessment on deal structure consulting to business, ITO & OTR teams in the region
- Work inclusively with Customer Performance Managers, Project Managers, Site Managers in logistics related matters
- Lead Logistics Service Provider (LSP) qualification & EHS audit in line with global LCOE process and ensure that the logistics movement in the region is within the gambit of laws of the land and quality framework
- Manage out bound shipments from India to various GE global facilities and ensure OTD & OTP matrices as per global standards
- Own & manage region’s logistics COE Metrics and periodically report the same to the local & global leadership teams
- Provide the visibility and ownership for the logistics assets and manage P&E within the allocated budget
- Explore the opportunity to drive Cost Out ideas in logistics operation and deliver cost out targets to the business.
- Ensure all LCOE activities are captured in the global logistics tools on a real time basis and support new system integration process
- Take lead in transport related incidents investigations, root cause analysis and timely developing
- Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions & it’s implementation
- Own the freight and insurance claims for the loss/damage of the materials or fulfillment
- Take lead on alternative method of logistics, depending on the industry challenges in the regions working closely with Sourcing & Logistics team.
- Monitor saddle/fixture inventory, facilitate fixture return shipping, and ensure fixtures availability for future shipment needs.
- Analyze all key characteristics (weight, dims, origin, destination, delivery need dates, time available), select the most optimal transportation method & service in terms of cost, cycle time, and risk. Manage premium cost approval process.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, as well as all shared Company policies and procedures
- Engineering degree or equivalent in any stream, PG/ Master degree in related field is desirable
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Sourcing / Logistics function in related industry
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel at least 30% of time.
Interested candidates please send your resume via click 'APPLY NOW'
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to General Electric International Operations Co., Inc.
About General Electric International Operations Co., Inc.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.