URGENTLY REQUIRED !!!
Asia Online trading as Omniscien Technologies is a market leading language technology company that develops and provides ground-breaking automated machine translation and language processing technologies, products and services under the Language Studio™ brand to a wide variety of customers throughout the world including governments and some of the world’s leading companies and best known global brands.
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001257520
This position is part of our production team that analyses and processes of complex and high volumes of data. The position involves developing tools to prepare data files, convert file formats and test finished files so that they can be leveraged in machine translation applications and generally supporting the team with tool development. Full training will be given in the use of our translation system and tools and no prior knowledge of these is required.
You will be based in our Bangkok office and function as part of a dynamic team drawn from many different countries and languages.
- Ability to work with shell scripts on Linux command line
- Experience with PHP, Java, XML, Web Services, HTML and RegEx is a definite plus
- Extracting data out of HTML and XML content into normalised data formats
- Ability to recognise and modify or standardise data file formats
- Use of proprietary tools to identify, filter, clean and extract high quality language data from large mixed data files
- Working with managers to help analyse complex projects and new products
- Thai nationals only
- Bachelor level degree in computer science or localization related field
- Minimum 1+ years of work experience in programming related job
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Strong willingness to learn new things
- Advanced PC Skills
Omniscien Technologies is the local subsidiary of a multi-national company with a commercial presence in Thailand, Singapore, Europe and North America. The local subsidiary is based in the company’s R&D Centre in Bangkok on Thonglor near J Avenue and many shops and restaurants where it is developing and applying automated machine translation systems for more than 530 language pair combinations in a unique and relaxed environment in which the company provides a staff coffee bar with free refreshments.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed resume, recent photograph, current and expected salary, and contact telephone number by click "Apply Now" or send to
Asia Online Portals (Thailand) Limited
141 Major Tower Thonglor, 11th Floor, Office 1
Soi Sukhumvit 63 (Ekamai), Sukhumvit Road,
Klongton-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110