“Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited ("TTA") is a strategic investment holding company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. Its investment strategy is to grow through a balanced and diversified business portfolio of transport, energy, and infrastructure assets, both domestically and internationally. Previously, TTA has primarily invested in the dry bulk shipping and related shipping services businesses. The company has since expanded its investments into other business areas, such as offshore services through Mermaid Maritime Public Company Limited, fertilisers and logistics through Baconco Co., Ltd., coal-related businesses through Merton Group (Cyprus) Limited and Unique Mining Services Public Company Limited, petroleum tankers through Petrolift, Inc, and ports through Baria Joint Stock Company of Service for Import Export of Agro Forestry Products and Fertilizers”
Internal Audit (Manager - Senior Manager)
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001253684
Roles & Responsibilities
The position will be reported to Director, Internal Audit in order to plan, design and conduct reviews of organizational, functional and contractual activities to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of management controls, and to determine whether organizational units in the District are performing their planning, accounting, custodial or control activities in compliance with management instructions, internal policies and procedures and governmental regulation, including tasks as below:
- Conducting self in an appropriate manner as a representative of Corporate IA, working effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Conducting internal audits of various department functions including operational and financial audits.
- Conducting assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Identifying key control points and weaknesses in the system or function being audited. Develops innovative and creative recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations.
- Analyzing conclude on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment (Entity-level Control and process level control).
- Identifying and gathering information needed to identify risks of material misstatement due to fraud, assesses these risks after taking into account an evaluation of the anti-fraud controls, and responds to the results.
- Creating and developing audit programs; plans and executes audits in accordance with accepted Internal Auditing standards, and “risk based audit” in developing and executing audit programs.
- Conducting procedures to correct potential or identified internal control problems or weaknesses which include providing technical advice and instruction and follows up to assure the deficiencies have been addressed.
- Documenting audit work and findings in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. Prepares audit work papers in accordance with GAAS.
- Preparing written reports, expressing opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the system or function under review, and presents findings to affected managers.
- Following up on audit recommendations to assure implementation of promised corrective action.
- Performing financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. A post-secondary degree preferably in business or finance
- At least 8 year professional experience in auditing with well-known Thai listed or multinational client,
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred.
- Good understanding of TFRS, GAAS as well as audit procedures, techniques and internal controls.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing, using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation in a professional manner.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and workload, which includes planning, organizing, prioritizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports.
- Ability to work as a contributing team member in a professional manner.
- Ability to use effective judgment and problem solving skills to make reasonable business decisions and recommendations. Ability to supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, only providing information on a 'need-to-know' basis, and safeguard sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Excellent knowledge of risk-based auditing
Interested candidates are invited to apply with full resume, stating present and expected salaries, and enclosing a recent photograph
Corporate Human Resources Department
Thoresen Thai Agencies Public Company Limited
26/26-27 Orakarn Building, 7th Floor, Soi Chidlom,
Ploenchit, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel :0-2254-8437 ext. 267 Fax :0-2655-4019