Infrastructure Specialist, Regional Software Development - APAC
Amadeus Asia Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001249470
Summary of the role
Responsible for providing technical support and guidance to developers, planning and matching infrastructure design with application architectural design against
Requirement Analysis and Solution Design
- Acts as a technical domain expert, consulting on infrastructure and database development projects
- Designs technical solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives and meet Amadeus Technical and Information Security Standards.
- Recognizes problems in existing designs and recommends remedies/solutions.
- Responsible for creating infrastructure designs suitable for deployment of software applications developed in Java or .NET with MS SQL databases and coordinating the build with third party network and virtualization teams.
- Validate Servers, platforms and Firewall Rules are built as designed by other teams and update infrastructure diagrams “as built”
- Balance cost, performance and availability requirements to find the optimal technical implementations that maximize value to the organization.
- Provides guidance and support to developers to assist in removing major and minor technical obstacles.
- Design and implement tools to empower developers and support teams to detect and resolve incidents and problems more quickly
- Manage application monitoring and support systems
- Researches and identifies standards and best practices as appropriate for discipline.
- Works closely with developers to assure all systems are in line with company long term strategy.
- Coordinate server patching with application owners, and third party support company
DevOps and Release Management
- Provide gatekeeper functionality between development and operation groups.
- Contribute to continual rollout of deployment automation across multiple Test and Production environments.
- Support developers with implementing and troubleshooting deployment scripts and batches used to deploy WAR files, .NET builds and MS SQL Databases
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a network or systems engineer role
- Platform and Infrastructure Knowledge
- MS SQL server deployment and performance optimization
- Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, MS IIS, JVM and HA Proxy
- Log Stash and Elastic Search
- RHEL, CentOS and Windows Server
- Programming Knowledge:
- Basic .NET Technology and Java knowledge to the extent of being able to design appropriate hosing infrastructure and optimize platform performance
- Basic understanding of Web services, REST and SOAP to the extent of being able to design appropriate hosing infrastructure and optimize platform performance
- Devops Knowledge in the following:
- Knowledge of engineering approaches in design, build, testing and implementation based on modern development operations principles
- Hands-on experience in writing build and deployment scripts, creating reusable scripts to automate repeatable tasks.
- Experience with the following tools: Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Octopus Deploy and Confluence
- Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- PCI DSS
- Amadeus Touchless
About Amadeus Asia Ltd.
Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.