Human Rights Manager
THAI UNION GROUP PCL.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001239986
General Role Description:
The Human Rights Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the development and implementation of human rights, social compliance and audit programs as they relate to our Safe and Legal Labor Program under SeaChange. This includes conducting human rights risk assessments for the countries we source from, leading the roll out of our Business Ethics and Labor Code of Conduct to staff and suppliers, and managing social compliance programs. This role will also have responsibility to contribute to sustainability related publications and reviews including the Annual Sustainability Report, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, compliance with the UN Global Compact, developing case studies to populate the sustainability website and responding to customer queries, as required.
The position will be responsible for being the main point of contact with relevant NGOs and civil society, investigating grants and managing funding (through external grants, partnerships and ongoing CSR programs), project progress and reporting on milestones. Attending conferences and presenting at workshops, as required, as well as providing training and updates to Thai Union staff globally on initiatives undertaken.
- Project management, including funding, budget, outcomes, personnel and reporting.
- Report writing, review of documentation, development of case study and example material.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team to develop and implement programs.
- Promote the sustainability work of Thai Union with customers and consumers, particularly with respect to Safe and Legal Labor.
- Attend or present at public fora and conferences, as required.
- Contribute to the collection of data and conduct data analysis.
- Develop new projects and identify opportunities to improve sustainability outcomes for Thai Union in Thailand and globally.
- Masters degree in Science, Engineering, Communications, Environmental Management or Labor.
- Experience implementing projects
- Experience working with multistakeholder groups
- Knowledge of sustainability principles and practices
- Experience in social auditing will be looked upon favorably, as will working in NGO partnerships with business
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting, DJSI reporting and global sustainability initiatives
- Knowledge of social and environmental standards as applied to businesses.
- Good command of English
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to THAI UNION GROUP PCL.
About THAI UNION GROUP PCL.
About Thai Union Group PCL (TU):
Thai Union Group PCL is the world’s seafood leader bringing high quality, healthy, tasty and innovative seafood products to customers across the world for almost 40 years.
Today, Thai Union is regarded as the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products with annual sales exceeding THB 125 billion and a global workforce of over 46,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable, innovative seafood products.
The company’s global brand portfolio includes Thai-leading brands Sealect, Fishoม and Bellotta and market-leading international brands such as Chicken of the Sea, John West, Petit Navire, Parmentier, Mareblu, King Oscar, and Rügen Fisch
As a company committed to innovation and globally responsible behaviour, Thai Union is proud to be a member of the United Nations Global Compact, and a founding member of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF). Its work in sustainability has been recognised by its inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) Emerging Markets in 2014. In 2015 Thai Union was listed in the index for the second year in a row with a 67 percent increase in its overall score driven by improved performances across its environmental, economic and social criteria.