Human Resources Assistant
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001223741
Employer Ref. THVN No. 035/2016 (EXT)
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G3)
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract, 06 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : October 25, 2016
Reference Code : THVN No. 035/2016 (EXT)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general supervision of Senior Resource Management Officer and under the direct supervision of the Head of Human Resources Unit, the incumbent will be assigned the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support in regard to document control in HR unit; perform general clerical support, and review incoming correspondences.
- Disseminate vacancy announcements internally and externally, including postings on the IOM local website and, if requested, arrange advertisements in local newspaper(s).
- Manage and maintain orderly filing of applications for respective vacancy announcements, unsolicited applications, internship applications, and other relevant documents.
- Respond to queries regarding vacancy announcements; establish contacts with candidates for interview; prepare case files for recruitment-related meetings; reserve meeting room(s) and equipment(s) for interview purposes.
- Ensure complete pre-employment documentation and formalities including establishment of for personnel file including coordination for medical clearance of new staff.
- Prepare monthly report of Daily contracts/hourly contracts.
- Responsible for creating and updating the PRISM HR data covering the areas of hiring.
- Issue visa request letters, certification of employment letters, and other related documents for staff members upon their request.
- Ensure issuance and renewal of IOM ID badges and office building passes while maintaining updated records of staff members.
- Coordinate with the UN Security Unit for the issuance of UN ground pass for IOM staff members and coordinate with IOM Deputy Security Focal Point concerning the smooth functioning of the UN SMS E-COMM System, ensuring that all IOM staff members are included in the system’s database and that records are up-to-date.
- Ensure complete separation clearance documentation and formalities upon separation of staff member; communicate to concerned units with regard to the return of IOM assets/property and clearance of outstanding charges; prepare necessary documents for separation clearance.
- Assist in planning and organizing training activities, including preparation of training materials and coordination.
- Serve as a backup in the issuance of contracts, personnel actions, and other related documents.
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of HR-related reports for submission.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Thai National.
- University degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in HR management.
- Work experience with international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; personal commitment, efficiency, discreet, details oriented and willingness to learn new tasks, flexibility; good judgment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
- Computer literate (MS Office applications) e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Outlook.
- SAP knowledge is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Develops strategic vision for IOM within area of responsibility
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- SAP-HR knowledge essential.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, and CV along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail by click "Apply Now" The form can be downloaded from http://th.iom.int/. Please submit your application by October 25, 2016. Kindly indicate the reference code THVN035/2016 (EXT) followed by your full name in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application through apply now button will not be considered, please follow How to Apply instruction only.