Head of Real Estate, SVP
Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001252395
1. Ensure that suitable premises and equipment are provided and maintained to accommodate the needs of Branches, Regional HUB’s, Head Office Buildings and Specialize “Non-Branch” Units by:
- Assuring office space and facilities provided for Bank properties/buildings are appropriate.
- Evaluating the maintenance/renovation requirements for building/properties through on-site inspections, contact with architects and contractors and working from compiled specifications, drawings, blueprints and photographs, etc.
- Providing expert advice to branch/area management regarding property/facility improvements, layouts and upkeep of buildings as a result of evaluation.
- Acting as consultant in requirements and applications unique to the Bank; for example, construction of Vaults, dealing with legislation requirements for security, fire alarm/CCTV Systems and related insurance requirements.
- Assessing costs for leasehold improvements versus term of lease and assist in the negotiations relative to new and/or renewal of leases.
- Preparing proposals and business cases on a cost/benefit basis taking into consideration availability of supplies and materials.
- Reviewing individual tenders and contracts to ensure reasonability, accuracy and reliability.
- Working with the Head of Strategic Sourcing, assist with identifying most reasonable source of supply (import or local purchase) of goods (furniture, vault doors, safety deposit boxes, air conditioning equipment, generators, etc.).
2. Work with the Branch Channel Department, support the completion of required business cases for Senior Management approval in support of:
- New Branches/Specialized Units
- Major renovations to Bank premises
- Relocation of Bank premises
- Renewal of Bank Lease Agreements
These business cases include the ongoing review and cost analysis, profit and loss impact on short/long term basis and analysis of project as it relates to the Bank’s business strategy
3. Coordinate the consolidated annual budgeting of Capital Expenditure Forecast (CAPEX and OPEX) exercise by:
- Supporting the Branch Channel via ongoing analyzing of their respective business/operating requirements;
- Evaluating/analyzing business case submissions.
- Preparing an overall summary report with recommendations for the approval of Senior Management.
- Prepare monthly status reports of incurred expenditure by the 10th business day following each month-end highlighting actual expenditures vs authorized budgets.
4. Maintain an ongoing awareness and inform the Executive Vice-President & Head of Shared Services of the progress and/or unresolved issues in all situations. Provide recommendations on improvements/ enhancements to the implementation approach for both current and future projects.
The Incumbent requires a good knowledge of the local construction industry, including contractual procedures, general/sub-contractors, documentation, pricing, statutory requirements etc., along with being familiar with local legislation relative to security equipment procedures/requirements. Import restrictions and availability of local materials equipment may preclude adherence to Bank standards in most cases, which necessitates exploring other alternatives based on architects/contractors and/or Senior Management’s recommendations.
In addition he/she must possess general knowledge of actual construction activities (including scheduling, on-site inspections etc.)
Proposals are received throughout the year requiring capital expenditures not included in the original forecast. The Incumbent is required to determine whether the project could be deferred or substituted for another project or approved on an out-of-forecast basis.
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
- Established track record of leadership/management skills
- Excellent change leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong relationship management expertise
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Project management and strategy formulation
- Calculated risk-taking
- Direct experience in conducting/leading high-level negotiations
- Experience presenting and selling ideas at multiple levels, internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and successfully balance multiple tasks and responsibilities
- People management experience and being able to creating and lead cross-functional team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum: Engineering; MBA and/or related University Degree
- Desirable: Previous experience in Commercial Real Estate Management
- Desirable: Analytical role and/or Consulting
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (MS - Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
Location: Thanachart Bank, Suanmali
Please sendapplication by "Apply Now"button or write in with full resume,stating present and expected salaries, and enclosing a recent photographto.
ThanachartBank Public Company Limited
2 Chalermkate 4 Road,
Thepsirin,Pomprabsattrupai, Bangkok 10100
Tel. 02-220-2222 ext. 1961, 2158
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited
About Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited