Head of IT
Robert Walters Thailand
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001225331
Employer Ref. 1029500/001
A leading financial service industry is seeking a high-calibre Head of IT in Bangkok to support a large and complex business until with a regional remit. This is a role for a project management who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of IT Role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer in this business critical role you will be responsible for managing the information technology department's operations. Develop IT strategy and initiatives to support business strategies. Lead and manage IT staff, other IT resources.
- Oversee the overall technologies (i.e. hardware, software, and network, as well as application systems) are in-place to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure 100% compliance of information security to global standard
- Ensure overall systems operate efficiently and IT practices are in accordance with standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for establishing IT strategies and plans which are in-line with the Corporation's directions
- Responsible for IT budgeting, both departmental level and company level; approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Responsible for initiating and managing technology solutions to meet various business needs and company efficiency
- Responsible for driving the implementation of global projects and initiatives to meet the agreed time line and cost
- Responsible for managing vendors with regard to maintenance and contractual agreements
- Responsible for managing IT staff and IT organisation to best support the company
To succeed in the Head of IT job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior management teams.
- Thai candidate; Master's Degree in Technical or Business discipline
- Strong knowledge of latest trends in technology and e-commerce; broad knowledge in technology, emerge development of the solution to support business requirements with cost effective solutions
- Strong process knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong knowledge of database management (Oracle) and network infrastructure
- Ability to support all areas of the IT area through direction or action
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written in both Thai and English
- Strong project management, business analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong people management skills
- Good understanding of information security concepts in policy, procedures and technical security
- Good experience working in global organisations
This financial service firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of IT job.
Apply for this new opportunity now.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Thailand
About Robert Walters Thailand
Established in 1985, Robert Walters plc is a world-leading specialist professional recruitment consultancy and the core brand of the Group. Hiring managers world-wide rely on us to find their best specialist professionals and our clients range from the largest corporates world-wide through to SMEs and start ups. We recruit people for permanent, contract and interim roles across the world.