Head of Client Side Engineering (Front End Development)
MAQE Bangkok Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001245239
MAQE is looking for a Head of Client Side Engineering (aka Front End Development) to come join our small but well-established team of engineers in Bangkok.
The Head will be responsible for all client side work across all projects. And as this is a management position, the candidate will also be responsible for our small but growing client side team. We are looking for someone who can take the existing client side foundations here at MAQE and extend and improve upon them moving forward.
MAQE uses a combination of design thinking and agile development techniques to create websites and applications that meet user needs and fulfill business objectives.
For more detailed info about our Engineering stack and capabilities please check here.
About the role
- Lead client side direction, goals and competency at MAQE
- Manage, coach and mentor the client side team
- Oversee client side software architecture for new and existing projects
- Keep MAQE up to date on new client side technologies and trends
- Architect and build complex websites and web-apps
- Client side engineer hiring, 1-2-1’s, and performance reviews
- Conduct code reviews
- Oversee the build, testing and deployment tools
- Project estimation in relation to client side effort
- Work with Project Coordinator to schedule client side engineers
- Collaborate with the other MAQE Heads and Leads to produce the best work possible
- 5+ years of professional experience
- A relevant degree (BS/CS) or comparable years of experience
- Experience managing or leading a team
- Including CSS linting, pre- and post-processors
- ES6+, linting, Babel, testing
- Intimate knowledge of the client side ecosystem, including frameworks and tools
- Experience translating wireframes, designs and use-cases into working code
- Thorough understanding of the challenges of cross-browser support
- Experience measuring and ensuring optimal browser performance
- Command line chops
Nice to haves
- A passion for testing - unit, e2e, selenium/webdriver, etc.
- Experience with agile practices - scrum, kanban, etc.
- Experience with server ops - linux, AWS, etc.
What we offer
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- 27” iMacs or MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13″ + Dell 24″ Screen, Dual Fibre and VDSL Internet
- Free drinks / snacks / fruit at work, free beer on Fridays
- 15 days annual paid vacation
- Flexible work hours (e.g., 9AM-11AM to 6PM-8PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
- Provident fund
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (ZIP, URL, or otherwise) via APPLY NOW.
In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Give us an example of one of the most satisfying client-side challenges that you have encountered on a previous project. How did it come about and how did impact your build?
Please include links to your Github or Bitbucket profiles if you have either.
Note: Dear Foreign candidates – We’re happy to hire non-Thai’s however, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we can issue a work-permit for. Please ensure you have the following:
- Ideally, a relevant degree to the position you are applying for. E.g. Senior Engineer + Computer Science Degree
- At least 5 years relevant experience without a degree or design related degree
- Please have proof of certificates/transcripts handy (you won’t believe the paperwork required!)
- Patience. The foreigner application process is more art than science 😉
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to MAQE Bangkok Co., Ltd.
About MAQE Bangkok Co., Ltd.
MAQE is a small and growing group of friends based in Bangkok.
We believe in being honest. We believe that happy people do great work. And most of all, we believe in doings things the right way.
We work hard to hand-craft our work inside and out to ensure that not only is the client happy, but we can go home proud.
We just happen to be good at building web applications.