Gender Project Officer/เจ้าหน้าที่โครงการ
Oxfam Great Britain
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001212489
Employer Ref. INT2855
** Would you like to be part of an innovative team that works to influence for gender equality in Thailand? **
** Do you have expertise in women empowerment and social norm change? **
** Are you passionate in building partnerships to influence change? **
About the Team / Program / Project
A just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Gender Justice Programme of Oxfam in Thailand addresses many forms of gender-based violence in order to achieve increased control over lives of women and girls in marginalised areas by increasing transformative leadership, political voice and reduce violence against women and girls in the Northeast and Deep South of Thailand.
What do you need to know about the role
The Gender Project Officer will play a key role in managing a new project of Oxfam in Thailand to combat child prostitution along Thailand-Laos border, as well as supporting the development of Gender Justice Programme.
- Use results-based management and adaptive management to work closely with the partners of the Saving our Daughters project to ensure good planning and implementation of all activities leading to expected results.
- Implement the project’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) plan based on CAMSA standards and donor’s requirements.
- Facilitate learning and reflection from the project’s experience and engage with other stakeholders within Oxfam and national stakeholders to share learning and influence them for better policy and practice of protecting and empowering women and girls.
- Work as a core team member of Gender Justice Programme in the development of new gender projects and increase gender capacity of staffs in the country teams.
- Keep the project’s information system up to date at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Monthly meetings with partners and field visits
- Represent Oxfam in meetings and events of stakeholders to share project experience and influence for change
- Write monthly monitoring report and girl cases
- Write six-month and annual project report
- Conduct baseline, midterm, end-line and final evaluation
- Actively participate in project campaign design and implementation with partners
- Update information in the project database system (OPAL) at all times
- Present cases and learning within and outside Oxfam affiliates
- Review power mapping and situation analysis every quarter
- Participate in team meetings of Oxfam in Thailand
- Support Programme Coordinator and Programme Officer to develop new projects in Gender Justice Programme and support implementation of pilot projects.
- Undertake any additional tasks assigned by line manager
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science, Gender and other related faculties
- Strong knowledge and understanding of gender, power relations, women’s and child’s rights, and at least working knowledge of the project issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of good approach to women’s and girl’s empowerment and social norm change. Direct experience in women/girl empowerment is highly preferable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of project budgeting and control.
- Good judgement, strong coordination and negotiation skills.
- Good organisational skills, ability to work independently and delivering results as agreed on time.
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Good written and oral English and Thai. Ability to write results-based reporting and women cases.
- Strong computer literacy especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge and experience of Oxfam’s ways of working, gender approach and tools
- Strong learning process facilitating skills; research and interview skills; knowledge management
- Experience in campaign
***This is a national hired post, we will be unable to obtain visa and work permit for a non-Thai national. ***
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/4793/description
OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number INT2855.