PRTR Executive Recruitment
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001227779
Employer Ref. 110DB
Our client is an ambitious company, which has been increasing its presence continuously over its 15+ year history. The company focuses heavily in retail and consumer goods and is licensed to sell more than 20 world-leading brands, with more brands being added to their group all the time. They currently have well over 2000 staff working within the group and across multiple retail outlets. As part of their continued expansion, they are now looking for a new Financial Controller, who will be responsible for managing the daily financial and accounting operations in order to support the continued growth of the business. This exciting and challenging role is tailor-made for someone who has a strong background in accounting and people management and is looking for an exciting new senior management challenge, in a vibrant developing economy.
Salary: Negotiable – Depending on experience
Location: Myanmar - Yangon
- Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer based in Hong Kong.
- Hands-on management of daily operational accounting and finance work, with careful supervision and approval of all income statements, business payments and inventory/stock.
- Managing the financial resources of the company such as treasury, cash flow and budgeting.
- Analysing current finance and accounting practices to determine areas in need of improvement.
- Introducing new procedures, processes and standards as part of a general re-engineering of the accounting department and its business flows.
- Controlling documentation to make sure everything is compliant, orderly and all invoices are paid/received on time.
- Introducing a clear team structure to establish a high standard of work within the team.
- 8+ years of experience in accounting and finance ideally with some retail exposure (experience from other sectors will be considered).
- Experience of leading accounting and finance functions along with significant knowledge of managing internal control.
- Strong leadership and a proven track record of managing teams and implementing departmental reform.
- Strong spoken and written English is essential.
- Open and able to relocate to live and work in Yangon, Myanmar.
Our client will provide the successful candidate with a competitive salary and a great opportunity to gain valuable senior management experience in the rapidly developing economy of Myanmar. PRTR invites interested and qualified candidates to submit their resumes stating their present and expected salaries to email via APPLY NOW.
PRTR Executive Recruitment
2034/99 Ital-Thai Tower 22nd Fl., New Petchburi Rd,
Bangkapi, Huaykwang, Bangkok 10310
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to PRTR Executive Recruitment
About PRTR Executive Recruitment
Since PRTR’s establishment in Thailand in 1990, we have been a part of a roller coaster ride called Thailand's economy. We have witnessed the highs of the property boom, the collapse of the currency, the pain Thailand suffered facing up to the stringent demands of the IMF, the demise of the American mortgage market, Thailand’s ongoing political power struggle and the recent devastating floods. We are now playing our part in Thailand's future, which will see a steady annual growth, improved health and welfare services, a decrease in poverty, an increasing domestic demand from a growing middle class and a business environment that dictates transparency and increased honesty.
We currently have 5 offices in Bangkok and 2 offices in the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand employing a total of 232 staff with a further 41 staff supporting our client partners at their locations in Thailand. Our plan is for PRTR to become Thailand’s most successful recruitment, staff outsourcing and business process outsourcing services group of companies.