Teach For Thailand is an independent non-profit organization with a mission to address educational inequity in Thailand by enlisting our nation’s future leaders to teach in high-need schools. We believe in the value of giving back, inspiring others, and using our knowledge to make a real impact to better the lives of the future generations. At Teach For Thailand, we want to create an equitable education system by placing great teachers who are committed to improving educational attainment, raising aspirations and expanding educational opportunity for all children in high-need schools. Over time, we would like our alumni to leverage the insights they gained in the classrooms to become lifelong leaders working in education and across all sectors to ensure excellent education for all.
Teach For Thailand (www.teachforthailand.org) is a partner in the Teach For All network (www.teachforall.org), which is made up of 40 social enterprises across the world seeking to end educational inequity in their respective countries.
External Relations Associate
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001255032
Teach For Thailand seeks an Associate for the External Relations team. The Associate will provide essential support to Teach For Thailand’s CEO and Head of External Relations, who are responsible for developing and growing meaningful partnerships between Teach For Thailand and a constituency of global and national corporations, government agencies and high net worth individuals.
The Associate will play a critical role in supporting the actions, strategies and systems undergirding Teach For Thailand’s cultivation of this deep and dynamic donor pipeline. His/her duties will range from account management to research and meeting preparation, as well as managing up to the functional head to execute expansive partnerships. A ‘make it happen’ and ‘can do’ attitude, disciplined work habits, and attention to detail will be keys to success in this role. The Associate will report directly to the Head of External Relations.
The External Relations Associate will play a key role in supporting the organization’s portfolio of private corporations and individual supporters. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Build strong relationships so key accounts are exceeded as planned. Acting as the primary point of contact for assigned accounts. Escalate, track and resolve key account issues
- Work effectively with your vertical to help accelerate the growth of relationships
- Develop/provide excellent targeted stewardship touch points to our champions/partners so they thoroughly understand our model and are satisfied
Research and Meeting Preparation
- Conducting in-depth analysis of new and existing donors to inform strategy for influencing, motivating and inspiring donors to contribute to our work
- Creating strategic meeting briefs with appropriate objectives, asks, angles and donor history that anticipate potential questions from funders and proposed potential responses
- Preparing high-level landscape analysis research to build Teach For Thailand’s fundraising pipeline, identifying alignment between our work and donor interests and recommending concrete next steps for the Head of External Relations
Writing and Strategy Responsibilities
- Drafting internal and external donor-related communications, such as thank you letters, email correspondence and donor histories for network partners
- Creating compelling PowerPoint presentations for funder meetings and touch points
- Drafting strategy documents to align across teams on key plans important to this portfolio such as donor stewardship plans or a multi-donor initiative
- Processing cash receipt forms for pledges and gifts
- Coordinate trip planning and execution, including drafting itineraries, compiling preparatory materials, and arranging travel and accommodations
- Manage calendar scheduling and finances for the External Relations Team
- Provide other dedicated administrative support on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of professional experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the Internet
- Thai fluency is mandatory (written and spoken)
- Prior experience with account management preferred
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extraordinary detail-oriented with the ability and willingness to quickly complete large volumes of work with high quality
- Excellent written skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate a value proposition to potential partners at all levels is key
- Strong customer service ethic
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to juggle several competing priorities at once with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Sensitivity to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with Sales force or other client relationship management system a plus
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter with the subject line of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Teach For Thailand Foundation
Athakavi Building, Sukhumvit 26,
Rama IV, Bangkok 10110