Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001197384
"Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mindset
through the values of commitment, adaptability and creativity."
Overview of duties
- "Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset
- Ensures that all events run smoothly in accordance with the specifications validated by the Sales Manager, the Operations and Meetings Manager and the customer
- Optimises the Meeting offer by making proposals
- Applies the brand's quality standards (SOP)"
- Is the unique contact for ""Meeting"" customers, to implement and manage the services as negotiated and sold by the Sales Department.
- Is responsible for customer satisfaction, from signature of the Event sales agreement through to the end of the meeting.
- Adapts to customers' needs by proposing working methods and a framework for organising events."
Professional techniques / Production
- Coordinates all departments involved in setting up the event, in line with the agreed specifications: Banqueting, Rooms, IT Solutions and service-providers.
- Ensures the budget and quality standards are respected.
- Makes proposals if corrective actions are required, providing regular updates for the Sales Manager and the Operations and Meeting Manager
- Formalises follow-up documents and checkpoints.
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
- Is the point of contact for all departments involved in setting up the event.
- Boosts cross-departmental working methods thanks to his/her relational skills, adaptability and professionalism.
- Forms a duo with the IT solutions Manager
Commercial / Sales
- Helps increase income from the event by encouraging additional sales.
- Helps promote the Meeting offer by providing high quality services and making proactive suggestions.
Management and administration
- Respects the budget.
- Increases margins.
- Supervises billing"
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Ensures all rooms accessible to customers are clean and tidy.
- Applies the hotel safety regulations (fire hazards etc).
- Ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the ""Environment Charter"" (energy saving, recycling and sorting waste etc)."
Reports to the Sales Manager or the Operations and Meetings Manager
Education / Professional experience
- High-school diploma to degree, vocational diploma in sales and marketing, hospitality studies, food & beverage, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2/3 years' experience in events organization for trade fairs, seminars or congresses in a variety of contexts, preferably international.
- Competent desktop software user.
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
- Fluent in English and the national language, a 3rd language would be a plus."
Skills / Qualities
"Pullman: a new service attitude centred on proximity, sociability and sharing experience.
Ensure all staff embody the same mindset by developing each individual's sense of curiosity,
open-mindedness, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative."
- Sales acumen / persuasive
- Competent Internet user, interested in new technologies
- Well organised and methodical
- Leadership / good at working in a network"
This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the hotel's organisational needs change.
Human Resources Department Accor Hospitality EMEA - January, 2009
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
About Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, the Lifestyle 5 star hotel located in the heart of Bangkok's vibrant business centre and entertainment venues, with an easy access to the city's expressway, subway and skytrain networks. This lifestyle hotel features 469 stylish rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Bangkok's skyline. The trendy hotel has a wide range of cutting edge food and beverage outlets, 12 meeting spaces, a fitness centre, open air pool and spa.
More Jobs from this employer