- The position has to broadly cover the following three domains for gear manufacturing:
Plan, prioritize and budget manufacturing engineering and continuous improvement projects for the plant. Develop new or modify existing methods to manufacture products ensuring that such methods meet quality and production standards as well as health, safety, and environmental standards. Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs. Prepare, manage and control the department budget that meets or exceeds plant goals and objectives
Supervise and lead responsible salaried staff in vendor evaluation, vendors, accountability, capability and on-time delivery; and in commissioning equipment determining its safety, capacity and capability prior to production acceptance. Develop relationships with equipment vendors to improve customer service, response time, etc. Maintain and manage a trained qualified capable staff able to execute the design, modification, vendor-selection, purchase and installation of new or upgraded equipment or plant facilities.
Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant engineering performance to meet or exceed annual business improvement targets. Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
Manage capacity planning. Determine manufacturing scope and requirements in new-business quotes, APQP and product launches.
Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc. Maintains and updates and training manuals for the maintenance department and all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating.
Champion scrap reduction focusing on reducing part-related scrap, working with product engineering, production, suppliers and quality.
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Gear Quality Assurance process
- Gear Development – design, material specification and manufacturing
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Hypoid gear knowledge, gear ad pinion cutting, lapping and pattern testing
- Phosphate coating
- Blade profile grinding and cutting tool assembly.
Typical Experience Required/Preferred (include management experience or other specifics):
- 5 years of management experience in manufacturing and process engineering
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems, manufacturing design, error-proofing, and ergonomics, health & safety and APQP
- Proficient in TS16949, AIAG, and Customer Specific requirements
- Thorough understanding of process engineering principles
- Product launch experience
- Robotics and automation experience with understanding of PLC (preferred)
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to influence, escalate issues and ideas, and persuade team and positively manage conflict
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated people management abilities and ability to work in a team environment
- Business Acumen
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work overtime and travel as required
- Good computer skills
- English proficiency required
- Must be able to work extra hours when necessary
- TS16949 internal auditing training
- Knowledge of CQI-9
We're looking for Qualified CVs to grow career path with us
Please leave your valuable CVs to paerploy @ staffingsuccess-thailand.com
or contact 098-278-838