Development and Technical Specialist
BASF - Asia Pacific
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001247775
Employer Ref. 20854
Our success as a company relies on the personal engagement of our employees. We encourage our staff to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means an exciting variety of job roles, career development and lots of learning opportunities. At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
Objective of the Position
- Develop product, solution provider and decide portfolio to the overall new business strategies (market/product/application), for key target segments and execute product strategies that fulfill rapid business growth.
- Internal launch product introduction package to business team
- Lead and develop the team skills and capabilities in managing the new business activities
Main TaskTechnical Support of Market Strategy
- Provide technical recommendation to marketing strategy development and implementation based on analysis of product performance/technical service needs.
- Provide technical support to customers as trouble shooters and technical consultant, including handling/follow up complaints on technical related issue
- Responsible for prioritizing, setting, conducting and reporting on the agreed development program for the company in order to obtain new product and new use recommendations in the optimal time frame to increase the turnover and profit of the company
- Provide technical guidance/assistance to customer for product applications, including optimisation, troubleshooting and training of personnel to enhance pre and post sales service
- Share with sales and marketing team via reporting/workshops the experience gained in the technical service laboratories/manufacturing process in proper application/formulation technique.
- Provide product introduction as field trials efficacy to convince business team to understand product knowledge, and support/coach business team to created demand at before launch to launching phase.
- Support presentation/seminar and workshops to launch products.
- Support subordinates development in the team by participation in training and development, resolve discipline and grievance, consultation with Human Resources function as appropriate
- Provide technical/marketing skills and expertise to enhance the performance of the technical and sales team by coaching subordinates, providing exposure, development opportunities.
- To identify the KPIs align with the Balance Score Card process in the measurements and reports.
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Agriculture Science or related field, MBA is preferable
- At least 3 year working experiences in Agricultural Development & Technical.
- High-level understanding on crop and product knowledge with application techniques and stewardship manner.
- Strong team leader with influencing skill
- Hard working, human relations are important.
- Good initiative and market analysis are advantageous to implement products.
About BASF - Asia Pacific
See Job Description