Database Tech Lead
Thomson Reuters Thailand.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001236850
Would you like to use the latest database technologies to deliver industry leading systems?
To meet the challenges of our fast growing business products and services lines, we need to grow our DBA team. We are now looking for a Lead Database Engineer to our Oracle Support database.
You will work with global team that interacts directly with key technical groups, collaborating to implement change and provide support for major databases systems that deliver data to the critical, revenue generating applications that drive the Thomson Reuters business. These systems rely upon Oracle database software running on versions of Linux, AIX and Solaris operating systems.
If that sounds exciting maybe you should consider this opportunity.
- Partner with the business technology Architecture teams to identify new tools and database features that meet business needs. Work closely with internal technical teams during incident resolution and root cause analysis
- Identify automation opportunities that improve efficiency of the service delivery team.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing operational changes to maximize DBA Support efficiency and service quality.
- Provide a point of escalation when there are issues that cannot be resolved quickly by the engineering staff
- Troubleshoot, investigate and drive resolution of high visbility incidents with in defined SLAs
- Coordinate interaction with vendors, creating service requests and escalating as needed to ensure timely resolution
- Review and execute medium to low risk changes including DDL, database configuration changes, patching, and well defined, well documented upgrades
- Promote “DevOps” culture by enforcing standardization and identifying tools to automate app releases and improve TTM for new products.
- Collaborates with peers, Systems DBAs and managers to determine system strategy and how best to implement/support it
- 5-10 years experience providing 24x7 support for Oracle on Unix platforms, Linux preferable
- Strong quantitative, analytical, communication and verbal skills with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to lead and work technically as part of a team, as well as independently toward assigned goals
- Have experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Preferable experience in a development or support organization supporting large applications
- Have previous experience in Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Perfoprmance Tuning, Backup and recovery 12c New Features, Oracle Security features
- Have experience in Golden Gate and OEM
- Exposure to Oracle Exadata
Applicants must be legally able to work in Thailand without the company having to provide a work permit.
Any question? Feel free to call us at number 02-648-9171 Attn: Phatthanann Kaosa-ard or apply via
Database Tech Lead
Our address: Reuters Software (Thailand) Limited (A Thomson Reuters company)
34th floor, U Chu Liang Building,968 Rama IV Road,
Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
About Thomson Reuters Thailand.
WORKING AT THOMSON REUTERS
A passion to transform information into knowledge to act is in our very DNA. We provide intelligent information to over 1 billion professionals through our more than 60,000 people across 100 countries. Everyday leading decision-makers globally depend on our information to spark new ideas, create big things and make important decision which could shape the world.
In Thailand, we are at the top of the list of technology development companies developing world class applications and supporting state-of-the-art data centers globally. We are the 1st company to achieve CMMI level 5 in Thailand and are among the first group of companies to adopt “Agile” in the country.
At Thomson Reuters, we foster an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We embrace diversity of thought, style, experience, culture, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, and veteran status to drive innovation and deliver competitive advantage.
So what is behind the amazing things at Thomson Reuters? Well it’s all about our people. We empower our staffs to think outside the box and bring out their best to their job. This is a place where you can develop your expertise in a job you love, collaborate with talented colleagues over the world and create innovation that can make a difference.
Explore more about what we do, opportunities we offer and life inside! careers.thomsonreuters.com
Our location: U Chu Liang building, Rama 4 road. 10 minutes-walk from BTS Saladaeng & MRT Silom.
- Competitive salary
- Guaranteed bonus & Performance based bonus
- Provident Fund
- Recognition Award
- Interest free loans
- Education grant for Master’s degree studies
Healthcare & Well Being
- Health insurance for staffs and their immediate family
- Dental care coverage
- Accidental & Life Insurance
- Fitness club membership subsidy
- In-house exercise classes
Learning & Development
- English skills
- Technical & Functional skills
- Management & Leadership skills
Employee Engagement Activities
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program
- Music Club, Football Club, Cycling Club, Photo Club, Mother Club, etc.
- Movie Night, Music contest
...And many more!