Database Administrator (DBA)
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001255923
As a member of the database operations team is responsible for Microsoft SQL Server database, troubleshooting, performance tuning, monitoring database, and able to support 24x7 in production.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of databases systems to provide 24 x 7 uptime and availability across multiple datacenters
- Deploy database changes
- Administers database security and maintains logins.
- Administers database backup and restore.
- Writes and maintains appropriate documentation of policies and procedures for database administration functions.
- Handles on-call issues, responding to automated monitoring notifications and calls from other staff as required.
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and external entities to ensure database integrity and security
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer science or any related field
- at least 1 year of experience in SQL programming
- Basic skill in MS SQL Server
- Discipline on change management, problem and incident management
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team player and able to work independently.
Highly desirable advantages skills:
- MS SQL Server , ORACLE experience will be considered
About Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Agoda is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, working with more than 285,000 hotels in 29 countries and providing its services in 38 different languages. The company was established in 2005 by two veterans of the online travel business. In 2007, it was acquired by the priceline.com Inc. global group of Internet travel companies (Nasdaq: PCLN), and has been growing ever since.
Agoda employs more than 1,200 professionals of all nationalities in 29 locations around the world, with major operations in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Dedicated market managers also maintain close relationships with hotel partners in Europe and the United States. The company is one of the leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, with core strengths in the hospitality industry, online and partner marketing, finance, customer support, and people & organizational development.
Agoda prides itself on a dynamic, multicultural workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. We strive to provide a positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often, and where communication is open, frequent and constructive.
Our people are chosen for their dedication to making things great, their ability to push boundaries, and their understanding that cutting-edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.