Crew Operation Control Specialist
Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001246856
Department: Flight Operations
- Ensure the Section handbook accuracy which effects the team’s activity; all process must be kept currently in line with departmental changes and audits conducts to demonstrate individual and departmental compliance twice a year.
- Establish, review and improve work process to ensure strictly compliant to CAAT, OM, FTM and company policies.
- Assist the initial creation, implement and management of standard operating procedures/processes for company-wide scheduling applications and roll-out training plan.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Responsible for offering training in a job-specific area with specific teaching skills such as Sabre systems, airline rules and regulations.
- Focuses on teaching specific areas of knowledge or on-the-job capabilities needed for certain positions; Crew Scheduler and Crew Planner.
- Develop, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs.
- Act as an “internal change agent” to gain Crew Scheduling section-wide understanding, appreciation and commitment to scheduling.
- Interact with vendors to enhance and to solve the technical problem for the current crew systems and create work-around automation to ensure all rules are checked in CMSAsg application. (Required by Auditors; Thai CAAT, IOSA (ICAO) and monitor rules established in Crew Management System for full functional.
- Providing proper technical direction and coordinate with Sabre systematic.
- Perform and monitor the progress of CMS system to ensure the system work accordingly.
- Support a Quality Assurance Audit for ICAO and CAAT Thailand.
- Develop, encourage, promote and ensure implementation SMS culture within division.
- Carry out all concerned duties regarding Quality, Safety & Security required by the company.
- Be a member of SAGS team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Sales & Marketing, Training, In-flight and Flight Operations.
- Manage personnel-related issues in division/department and implement occupational health & safety environment practice in order to prevent accident to employees in workplace.
- Communicate information policies, strategies correctly and effectively to all employees in order to apply in practice.
- Perform any tasks assigned by superior.
- Educated to Degree level or business experience equivalent.
- At least six years of Crew Planner or Crew Scheduler experience
Good command of spoken and written English/ Toeic 650 up
- Ability to plan and make decisions instantly that would be most cost effective for crew members and the company.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail and abstract problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrate Leadership skill
Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain an organized workflow
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
Ability to work under pressure and meet regular deadlines and problem-solve
Work Hour: On ScheduleTime
Work Location: Bangkok Airways Operations Center, Bangna - Trad Road KM.15, Samutprakarn
Interested applicant, please submit your updated resume, a recent photo and a copy of transcript to
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited
About Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited
The origins of Bangkok Airways can be traced back to 1968 and a company known as Sahakol Air, which was initially set an air taxi service operating a Tradewind, a twin-engine, ten-seat aircraft during the Vietnam War. The assignments came from Overseas International Construction Company (OICC), an American construction company known as United States Operations Mission (USOM) and a number of other organizations engaged in oil and natural gas exploration in the Gulf of Thailand.