Country Operations Manager (Logistics Industry)
Spring Professional Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001246269
Country Operations Manager (World Leading Logistics Organisation)
My client is one of the world’s largest Logistics service prodivers. Within their offices in Bangkok they are looking to appoint an experienced and motivated Country Operations Manager to oversee their Thailand operations.
This is a rare and fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to help drive the organisation and presents extremely good career possibilities within a global organisation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree
- Fluent in English (TOEIC 600 Up )
- At least 8-10 years in similar functions
- Strong leadership and Management skills
- Driving abilities with valid Driving License
- Manages Thailand’s Operations Team
- Improving the Operation Performance
- Promotes Health/Safety Compliance
- Manages and Develops Subordinates
- Promotes and Maintains Customer Relationships
Manages Center Operations
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Balanced Scorecard and works with others to develop and execute center operating plans that identify and secure the resources necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of dispatch plans to maximize center efficiency and achieve desired business results.
- Works through center management team to manage day to day center operations ensuring that all packages are received, processed, and delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Monitors business activity against short- and long-term goals and makes adjustments to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
- Reviews monthly cost statements to ensure that operational expenditures are in-line with the planned budget.
Improves Operational Performance
- Analyzes information to identify trends and create business improvement plans through the application of the Quality Improvement Process .
- Prioritizes short- and long-term operational tasks to maximize individual and operational performance.
- Works with others throughout the district to troubleshoot system, operational, and service inefficiencies and create new processes that result in improved performance.
- Effectively uses and promotes new technology to ensure the successful achievement of business objectives.
- Follows QIP procedures and conducts head-to-head meetings and monthly business plan reviews with center team members to identify and address center performance issues.
- Works with Package Dispatch System in the development of effective, practical dispatch plans to minimize cost/mile and maximize performance by meeting service commitments.
Promotes Health/Safety Compliance
- Works with Human Resources to ensure the implementation and maintenance of a Comprehensive Health and Safety Plan.
- Provides the time and resources necessary to ensure that health, safety, and compliance standards are achieved.
- Monitors the updating of employee training and certifications to provide a safe, proficient work environment.
- Promotes individual and group conversations, active support of safety committees, and leading by example to raise health, safety, and compliance awareness.
- Oversees audits to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal guidelines
- Solicits input solicited from team members and employees to improve the work environment.
- Reviews audit reporting to comply with all company, local, state and federal guidelines
Manages and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
Promotes and Maintains Customer Relationships
- Focuses on internal and external customers to create a climate that emphasizes customer service.
- Ensures communication and training reaches all employees to share updates on new services, operational objectives, accomplishments, areas needing improvement, procedural changes, and corporate announcements.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with local union officials to promote positive labor relations.
- Communicates customers’ business needs to employees to provide an understanding of job responsibilities and how actions impact customers.
- Identifies customer needs and builds relationships to determine solutions that meet the customers’ and organisation business goals.
- Designs operating and dispatch plans to show employees how their actions impact the customer and current business needs.
If you feel that you match the requirements for this role then please apply within.
- Creates a customer-focused work environment to facilitate customer satisfaction and reduce churn.
- Resolves customers’ issues in a timely and effective manner to ensure continued long-term business.
- Promotes the Driver lead process as an important method to grow the business.
If you are interested in this role please apply now!
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Spring Professional Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
About Spring Professional Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Spring Professional is an international firm specialising in information technology, engineering and property & construction recruitment across the Asia region.
We bring great people to great organisations, with our focus being exclusively on the recruitment of middle to senior level management and specialists.
We develop trusted relationships with our partners, sharing market intelligence and recruitment advice to help you understand and respond to Asia’s ever-changing and fast paced labour markets.
Whether you’re a company looking for full-time or contract team members or an individual looking to make the next career move, the team at Spring will work with you to provide a seamless and high value service ensuring that your expectations are fully managed at all stages of the process.
Spring Professional is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Adecco, the world’s largest human resource solutions organisation, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland
With more than 20 years' experience, we globally place over 12,000 people annually into contract, temporary and full-time positions.