Country Head of Finance & Accounting
Robert Walters Thailand
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001307733
Employer Ref. 1156070/001
A global logistics firm is recruiting a Country Head of Finance & Accounting in Thailand to manage financial performances in its next phase of growth.
About the Country Head of Finance & Accounting Role:
In this role, you will directly develop strategies and corrective actions, and monitor financial performance as well as purchase agreements and procurement. The position will further work with CFO - South East Asia, Managing Director, Country Heads of Finance in any country and Head of department to ensure compliance and quality.
- Report, analyse, and ensure integrity of all financial information
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of profit/cost centre performance
- Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost enters and documents business transactions
- Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system
- Assist with annual budgets-prepares all allocations
- Monitors compliance with GAAP and company procedures
- Work with both Regional/HQ and external auditors during financial and operational audits
- Assures compliance with local and corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Analyse transaction processes and identify areas where additional accuracy and efficiency can be achieved
- Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department
- Assist other department as required
- Monthly reconciliation account
- Operate electronics banking
- Prepare MMR package for Submission to Country managing Director and Regional management
- Complete/ Submission of Monthly Financial Statement & finance Package, Monthly inter - Company Reconciliation Account / Settlement, Interim Financial Statement & Package & Tax package, Year Ended Financial Statement & Package & Tax Package (Por.Ngor Dor 50, Por Ngor Dor 51)
- Prepare and complete Financial Budget & Forecast report.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Thailand Managing Director, Regional & Corporate Finance Management.
- Control and Monitor hire assets and Capex requests
A talented and result oriented management accountant is required for this strategic role:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting Major) or a minimum of five years management experience in related field
- Master's Degree in Finance or Banking would be an advantage
- Minimum five years of experience in air freight forwarding / airlines / logistics / supply chain industry
- Experience in data analysis and preparing performance reports for management is essential
- Demonstrated financial management skill in leading projects across various functional teams
- Demonstrated problem solving skill in facilitating the implementation of initiatives
- Demonstrated Change Management attributes and staff motivation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- Proficiency in English
- Business acumen and result oriented
- Strong analytic and numerical skills
- Knowledge logistic or supply chain industry is a definite advantage
- Being able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Team leader & player - ability to build and work in a team environment
- Fluent and Thai Language (written and Spoken)
- Comprehensive English Language Skills
- Being able to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work across all functional teams
This global freight forwarding company provides a comprehensive suite of international freight forwarding and advanced supply chain management services. With long years of history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
This is a great opportunity for the Country Head of Finance & Accounting to redevelop group systems and processes.
Apply now for this new opportunity.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Thailand
About Robert Walters Thailand
Established in 1985, Robert Walters plc is a world-leading specialist professional recruitment consultancy and the core brand of the Group. Hiring managers world-wide rely on us to find their best specialist professionals and our clients range from the largest corporate world-wide through to SMEs and start ups. We recruit people for permanent, contract and interim roles across the world.