Chief accountant - Fixed Asset Management
MC Thai Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001256434
This position is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the fixed assets and capital expenditure reporting. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, preparing the monthly depreciation journal entries, reconciliation of fixed asset module and GL in SAP. Position also includes the bookkeeping and reporting for several small related party real estate and other related entities.
- Review journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with Operations or other departments to understand business transactions and ensure they are processed and accounted for in appropriate categories accurately.
- Review and record Fixed Assets transaction including addition, disposal and transfer in the accounting system according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Identify process improvement opportunities. Provide feedback timely and suggest effective and efficient solutions.
- Advise and maintain appropriate tax records and accruals related to capital expenditures.
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries for depreciation and adjustments to the general ledger
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of Asset, Accumulated Depreciation and Capital Clearing ledger accounts
- Prepare, review and issue Capital Expenditure Reports
- Communicate with store managers regarding fixed asset issues, such as getting tag numbers for new assets.
- Prepare annual depreciation budget for each cost centers.
- Provide outside auditors with fixed asset schedules, explanations and backup information.
- Perform various special projects and analyses, as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and exercise proper judgment
- Must possess strong skills in both oral and written communication
- Must have ability to summarize and present information and findings clearly and concisely
- Proven skills in leadership, analytics, relationship-building, flexibility, persuasion, presentation, problem solving and negotiation with cross-functional groups
- Detail oriented, organized approach to performing work
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and changing environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees throughout the Corporation, from the lowest levels up to executive management, representing the group professionally.
- Availability to work overtime, as required to meet deadlines
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in Fixed Assets Accounting
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet applications required
- SAP Fixed Asset and Financial Modules experience required; other major ERP will be considered
MC Thai Co., Ltd.
97/11 Big C Rajdamri Building,
Office 1 Room, 5th Floor, Rajdamri Road,
Lumpinee, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to MC Thai Co., Ltd.
About MC Thai Co., Ltd.
It's one thing to start your own restaurant chain. It's another to build the world's largest food service retailer. A company with over 30,000 restaurants. A business operating in nearly 120 countries. A name that gave birth to Ronald McDonald, the second most recognized icon on the planet. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic persons to fulfil our team work.