Category Manager (Ready-to-wear/Bags and leather goods/Silk accessories & Home and lifestyle goods)
The Thai Silk Co., Ltd. (Jim Thompson)
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001257700
Position : Category Manager (Ready-to-wear / Bags and leather goods / Silk accessories & Home and lifestyle goods)
This role will develop to be an expert and leader, taking all responsibilities for the assigned product group, under the direction of the Director of Merchandising.
- Will be responsible for the merchandising for all stores in the retail network. Undertake buying selections, determining what to buy, how much to buy, at what cost and for what selling price to achieve profit objectives.
- Will liaise with design and supply sources to ensure that the entire product cycle process meets the seasonal schedules.
- Increase sales growth through strategic category planning, buying process and selection of product mix for stores.
- Coordinate requirements with the design studio and implement store visual merchandising which is visible, appealing and accessible customers.
- Execute successful exit strategies for slow moving products.
Research and analysis
- Analyze all information - sales, stocks, stores, customers - that is relevant to managing the success and profitability of the category.
- Undertake regular research of the retail market and competitor activities, ensuring that strategies and operating plans reflect the broader global environment.
- Manage forecast and demand planning of inventories, mappings, on time delivery schedules and exit strategies.
Store product mix selection
- Manage optimal product mix and stock holdings for stores.
- Guide the process of developing the category collection structure and seasonal selections, which reflects the integral retail business plan, customer preferences and global trends.
This position would suit a candidate who is motivated, enthusiastic, well-presented. He/She should have an affinity with flair for fashion and high quality products. This position provides a good career opportunity for the right candidate, as we continue to develop our brand and expand our business into a new era of luxury.
The role will require the candidate to have prior experience or acquire familiarity in the assigned product category: ready-to-wear, bags and accessories, home and lifestyle merchandise. You will be involved in all product related activities as part of your responsibilities for the category.
You will focus on the meeting the expectations of our customers, brand missions and financial goals.
- The candidate will be suitably qualified with skills in financial or business management, preferably with experience in the retail/personal goods industry, including several years at a managerial level.
- Have good academic qualifications, including numerical and analytical skills.
- Good relevant computer ability, with high quality presentation skills.
- Due to our requirement of experience, we expect candidates between 35-45 years.
- The product category and salary will commensurate with the seniority of each position which will be determined by qualifications and experience of each candidate.
Location: 96 Soi Puengmee 29, Sukhumvit 93 Road, Prakanong, Bangkok 10260
This position will report to the Director of Merchandising.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Thai Silk Co., Ltd. (Jim Thompson)
About The Thai Silk Co., Ltd. (Jim Thompson)
The Thai Silk Co., Ltd.
Since 1951 Jim Thompson has been providing exceptional products and services. Employing 2,500 people in Thailand and abroad with subsidiaries in USA, UK, Germany, Singapore and Malaysia, we operate over forty retail stores and five restaurants as well as furnishing showrooms in Atlanta, Paris and Munich.