Business Operational Risk Manager ( VP level)
Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) PCL.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001247928
Employer Ref. Chutima_CB BORM
- Focus and implement an effective Operational Risk Framework (ORF) within the business unit to ensure operational risks and controls are being managed appropriately at the business unit level in a proactive, risk based and disciplined manner to meet external, internal and regulatory requirements.
- Review and monitor Product / business operational risk management from an end-to-end basis based Process Governance structure.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, and timely identification and resolution of risk issues.
- Facilitate, embed, deploy and execute key control standards (KCS), key control sample testing (KCST) and key risk indicators (KRI) within business unit.
- Report losses, risk events, policy deviations, KCST & KRI exception, and engage appropriate stakeholders on timely remedial actions; escalate key risk situations that pose significant risk.
- Understand risk profile and deploy/utilise Operational Risk Assessment Matrix, Delegated Authorities Matrix and the Risk Management Process.
- Incorporate all significant gross operational risks into new Country Addenda through the use of the risk and control monitors, and relevant documentation of end-to-end process.
- Implement effective risk management process and policies, procedures, and ensure compliance.
- Maintain operational risk view across all end to end processes in each business unit product and service value stream.
- Develop and implement Management Action Plan in Audits
- Socialize Audit findings and re-assess the control effectiveness as part of the residual risk ratings
- Data preparation (e.g. KRI for BORF Pack, KCSA checking, Termsheet / Phone recording / C&A / License / Dodd Frank); Contact point for TBMA (Memo / make Payment / download New bond register); Internal checking report for TH-FM (eg., CAT3 monitoring / TP offshore access); Ops loss reconciliation; BCP documents preparation; Monitoring approval matrix in FMRAW.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- Experience in Banking or Insurance is highly preferable.
- Product knowledge of Financial Market
- Experience in Operational Risk or Internal/External audit is preferable.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Possess good attitude, communication and details oriented
Work Location: Head office (Sathorn)
Type of contract: 1 year Fixed term Contract (Entry level)
For you are interested, please kindly send your resume via APPLY NOW
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) PCL.
About Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) PCL.
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We’ve built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.