Business Development Manager (Based in Yangon Myanmar)
Dextra Industry & Transport Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001257735
Dextra Industry & Transport Co., Ltd. is looking for a Business Development Manager who will be based at the Burmese subsidiary located in Yangon.
We provide Project Forwarding (oversized and heavy cargo lifting and transportation, load out, engineering and design, industrial relocation), Dangerous Cargo Handling and General Forwarding solutions along with additional services such as warehousing, packing and home moving. As a BOI and Customs accredited broker, our goal is to relieve our clients from all import/export process hassles. We handle on their behalf all custom and tax refunds/exemptions such as BOI, 19Bis, Blue Corner. To facilitate and speed up all Customs procedures, we are permanently and electronically linked to the EDI Customs System.
Reporting to the expatriate Managing Director based in Thailand (regional head office), your primary objective will be to manage the freight business development of our business in Myanmar ensuring delivery of revenue and profit growth.
- Manage a team of 2 collaborators (1 Operations Coordinator and 1 Accountant).
- Identify and secure new business opportunities by expanding the company's customer base nationally.
- Prepare sales quotations and contracts in line with the company policy and within and the environment of the project.
- Organize follow-up visits and report monthly about the sales activities, the status of the pending projects, the cooperation with the partners and the short-term development objectives.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships and propose solutions and recommendations using the Company’s services and highlight the benefits in the aim to get our services selected.
- Increase revenue/margins through development of new business and in response to customer request.
- Report all relevant market information collected during sales meetings concerning competition, projects and prices.
- Suggest product improvements and/or new products in line with the market requirements.
- Cost control and supervise operations and administrative functions and related personnel.
- Education: A University Degree or professional Qualifications in Freight Forwarding or Logistics.
- Experience: Significant experience in both air and sea freight operations and business development experience (ideally in Myanmar).
- Sound business acumen with excellent communication.
- Strongly oriented customer and results.
- Able to build, lead and motivate.
High potential of management and leadership skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
We offer an attractive remuneration package and comprehensive fringe benefits to those dynamic people who enjoy working within an international and challenging environment.
Interested candidates are invited to send application with full resume indicating qualifications and experience, transcript, and expected salary to
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Dextra Industry & Transport Co., Ltd.
About Dextra Industry & Transport Co., Ltd.
Established since 1983, Dextra is a leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered construction products for the building and civil industries with over 110 Million US Dollars turnover and a team of 900 professionals worldwide.
In addition to its core business, Dextra is also involved in other activities such as forwarding services and distribution of industrial products and equipment in Thailand, and distribution of plumbing products in Hong Kong.
Headquartered in Bangkok - Thailand, Dextra is a privately-owned group of companies with affiliates in Asia, India, Middle East, Europe, America, and Latin America.