Bid Engineering - Internship
Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001237159
Purpose of the job:
The successful applicant will be part of the Bid Engineering team.
- The main mission is to support Bid Engineering functions and Sales, to develop winning Rolling Stock bids.
- Provide support and prepare technical input for Bids and Expressions of Interest
- Develop tools to optimize bid processes and deliverables
- Collect and analyze data to create understanding of potential opportunities
- Gain knowledge and experience working closely with the Bid Engineer, and potentially progress into Bid Engineering position
Key expected deliverable:
- Responsibility on on-time delivery of bid documents with the appropriate conformance, quality and integrity, within the approved budget.
- Provide Support and prepare input; ensuring that committed engineering deliverables to the bid are achieved within time and quality, and in line with legislation and safety
- Establish and maintain interfaces with all involved engineering departments (Vehicle Design, System Engineering, Physical Integration, Product Integrity, Engineering Performance Office) & with relevant functions (Project Core Teams, Sales, Bids)
- Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviors by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering University Degree (Bachelor level or higher)
- Practical experience/understanding in the following
- Understanding of electric, mechanic and pneumatic equipment and their interfaces
- Reading and understanding engineering and schematic drawings, diagrams, calculations
- Technical Writing
- Planning work packages associated with complex engineering products
- Software skills
- Microsoft Office, in particular MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Fluent written and conversational English and Thai
- Good planning and organization skills
- Interest in Public Transport and Railway Vehicles in particular
- Self-motivated and ability to show initiative
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Proven ability to recommend solutions, not just report problems
- Good English communication / literary skills
- Ability to learn quickly
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
About Bombardier Transportation Signal (Thailand) Ltd.
Bombardier is the world’s largest manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Every day, millions of people get where they need to go aboard the planes and trains that we manufacture. Perhaps you do too. We rank among the leaders in two fast-paced industries:
- In aerospace, we have the industry's most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and are a leader in both business and regional aircraft.
- In rail transportation, we’re the world's largest equipment and systems manufacturer.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montreal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes.
Our APAC Regional office is based in Bangkok as a part of Bombardier Transportation, offering a comprehensive portfolio of rail systems including integrated control systems, computer and relay based interlocking, automatic train control systems and wayside equipment for mass transit and mainline.
Visit us at www.bombardier.com or contact us if you are looking for a challenging and international career opportunity.