Backend Team Developer - C#, Java, Python
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001237192
We are a big technology company, but this opportunity is specifically for an important role on a small team.
This ambitious team is thinking every day about how to use the latest technology to build new exciting services that will be used by millions of people. We really need someone special to join us and help lead the back end development.
Work will focus on building a service that combines many different 3rd party API integrations.
You must be confident in code quality and execution, working in an agile team.
Industry knowledge and understanding of the e-commerce and B2B SaaS is a plus.
Office location - Bangkok, Thailand.
Technology you should be comfortable with or interested in learning: OpenStack, SQL, Go, Python, RabbitMQ, Redis, C#, REST API’s
- Implementation of API endpoints for data manipulation and processes.
- Build and maintain core application features.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Collaborate in all project planning.
- Work with both front-end and back-end web developers.
- Prioritise tasks and coordinate work within the team.
- Engaging with current team to improve and optimise current code and planning practices.
- Be prepared to lead strategic technology decisions.
- Take responsibility for successful delivery of solutions.
- You will also be bridging the gap between the user experience and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both.
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT IF…
- You are passionate about TDD.
- You care about both user experience and developer experience.
- You write DRY, readable, and modular code.
- Are interested in learning new programming languages and tools.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS (NOT 100% REQUIRED):
- Strong experience building and improving scalable applications.
- Experience with using ORM and MVC frameworks.
- Experience with HTTP, WebSocket, and Message Queue protocols.
- Experience designing and building Restful APIs using Django Rest Framework.
- Ability to learn and integrate 3rd party API’s quickly into existing applications.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Familiarity with session and authentication best practices, access control, and preventing CSRF.
- Familiarity with how front-end frameworks work such as Angular, Backbone, React JS, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, GitHub.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
This is a permanent, full time position working on-site in our offices at Central World in downtown Bangkok, Thailand. We are open to candidates from all nationalities and will help with relocation if you are not currently based here.
About Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Agoda is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, working with more than 285,000 hotels in 29 countries and providing its services in 38 different languages. The company was established in 2005 by two veterans of the online travel business. In 2007, it was acquired by the priceline.com Inc. global group of Internet travel companies (Nasdaq: PCLN), and has been growing ever since.
Agoda employs more than 1,200 professionals of all nationalities in 29 locations around the world, with major operations in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Dedicated market managers also maintain close relationships with hotel partners in Europe and the United States. The company is one of the leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, with core strengths in the hospitality industry, online and partner marketing, finance, customer support, and people & organizational development.
Agoda prides itself on a dynamic, multicultural workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. We strive to provide a positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often, and where communication is open, frequent and constructive.
Our people are chosen for their dedication to making things great, their ability to push boundaries, and their understanding that cutting-edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.