AVP legal for Procurement and Network Contracts
Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001253448
Position Title : AVP, Procurement Contracts
Level : Assistant Vice President Job Code :
Function : Procurement and Network Contracts
Report to : Head of Procurement and Network Contracts Department Produced by: People Group
To provide counsel in legal matters, in order to support effectiveness of professional legal service and advisory provision in order to support business operation and direction, as well as to manage legal risks with the view to ensuring that business operations will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
Principal Accountabilities :
1. Provide counsel on changes or on issuance of new legislations, rules, and regulations regarding general law applicable to the Company’s and its key subsidiaries’ business, including any changes thereof, and communicate and create understanding of the same to the relevant persons
2. Provide counsel to various functions of the Company and its key subsidiaries, including drafting and review of complex legal agreements and documents (e.g. power of attorneys) in order to ensure that (i) their businesses will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and (ii) contractual arrangements will be enforceable as intended and not be enforced against them in an adverse way
3. Provide guidanceon the process of identifying legal risks that are expected to be critically importance to the business of the Company and its subsidiaries and provide the legal risk assessment report, including action plans, to top management in order to ensure timely risk management
4. Provide advice for the process of identifying and monitoring non-critical legal risks from general business management in order to ensure that the risks are mitigated
5. Work with external legal counsel, and guide junior members through difficult assignments, to ensure effectiveness of general legal issue management and to create optimal company’s interest under budget and time constraint
6. Provide advice on intellectual property areas to ensure that they are in accordance with the business objectives of, and in the best interest of the Company’s and its subsidiaries’
7. Provide advice for the process of identifying, monitoring, reporting and reducing risks relating to corruption and facilitation payments to ensure that such risks are effectively managed and closed
8. Provide direction to junior members, decide on the methodologies, concepts and techniques to be used, identify risks and determine how to approach and complete tasks, in order to guide and support junior analyst and successfully achieve targets
9. Ensure that one own area of assignments and contributions are appropriate to meet organization needs while pursuing improved performance
10. Continuously update oneself with changes in legal trend, which affect tools, processes, systems, and frameworks relevant to the role, in order to maintain knowledge levels required to perform complicated tasks
11. Collaborate with other departments / teams to facilitate analysis and identify process improvement / cost reduction opportunities
12. Advise or educate management and set objectives and direction, in regards to own area of expertise, in order to support management in decision making processes
13. Participate in business planning process and proactively identifies opportunities to advance the success of the business
14. Be accountable for other certain works as assigned from immediate superior level
- Master’s degree in laws or related filed
- At least 10 years of experiences working in draft and review commercial contracts
- Administrative law knowledge/experience is a must
- Experience from leading international law firms is preferred
- Team player, ability to work under pressure and good inter-relationship skill
- Leadership skill
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Fluent in Thai and English, both writing and speaking
Please send resume, picture and salary via "Apply Now"
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
About Fircroft (Thailand) Limited
Fircroft is one of the world's leading technical recruitment agencies, with a turnover of USD 1.5 billion (2013). With network of offices and joint operations supporting over 66 countries worldwide, Fircroft has global contracts with the world’s largest energy companies and some of the world's leading engineering companies.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 44 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide.
We currently have over 8,000 contractors placed in roles around the world and, as well as contractor recruitment, we also fill permanent job vacancies across our key sectors; Oil & Gas, Automotive, Power & Energy, Mining & Minerals and Engineering.
Our success and reputation hinges on our people-centred approach. By ensuring our own people are focused, committed and approachable, we make sure the recruitment process is both seamless and enjoyable.
When it comes to finding people the right job - we’re the right people for the job.