Automation Engineer (2 New Positions)
Schaffner EMC (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001284336
- Lead the process of automating work cells in manufacturing environment utilizing PLCs HMIs and collaborative robots
- Work with managers, shop personnel and customer to determine and evaluate the concept of the machine.
- Work with operations to ensure line meets LEAN manufacturing standards.
- Develop plans for new production systems including manufacturing technologies and available alternatives, investment requirements etc
- Contribute the to companies continuous improvement efforts through va/ve analysis, maintaining up to date knowledge of manufacturing
- Train appropriate personnel on new processes, process improvements, failsafe features, program changes.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to ensure automation needs are met on projects.
- Develop commissioning and qualification plans, documentation of requirements traceability. Conduct risk assessments and component criticality assessments for automation systems.
- Minimize time to completion in all phases, including engineering, purchased parts, fabrication and assembly for systems designed.
- Ensure both product quality and process reliability are designed into the automation project from the start.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, programming and commissioning automated control systems. The qualified applicant shall be able to take the project through all phases of design, including review of contract specifications, completely comprehend system P&IDs, generate I/O lists, and grasp interface electrical circuits.
- Expert in more than one SCADA /HMI package, i.e. Schneider Automation, Allen-BradleySystem integration and networking experience with one or more transports and protocols, i.e.Modbus RTU and TCP, Profibus.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent direct experience
- Experience with Process Control and high speed manufacturing
- English language understanding and verbal communication skills at high level
- Must demonstrate the ability to think critically and analytically and demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, follow up, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Self-motivated and willing to accept responsibilities outside of initial job
- Read and interpret drawings such as blueprints, AutoCAD, P&ID, PLC
- Ability to convey technical information to members of management, coworkers, and clients
- Proficient use of engineering software such as AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, SolidWorks, and standard software such as Word and Excel.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter; resume outlining your qualification for the position, previous work experience along with a recent photo by clicking "Apply Now"
Human Resources Division Manager
SCHAFFNER EMC Co., Ltd,
Northern Region Industrial Estate.
67 Moo 4 Tambol Ban Klang, Amphur Muang, Lamphun 51000
Only short listed will be contacted.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Schaffner EMC (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About Schaffner EMC (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Schaffner EMC (Thailand) Co., Ltd., in Lamphun, is a Swiss Based BOI sponsored production facility for electronic components for EMC applications and the car industry. We search for several creative, enthusiastic and motivated professionals for following position: