Associate Trade Marketing Manager
Newell Rubbermaid (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001248375
Associate Trade Marketing Manager
The Assistant / Associate Channel Manager is a contributing member of the channel management team responsible for managing a category, brand, or family of related brands (e.g., Sharpie and PaperMate) within a channel and participating in on-the-job learning and training, under the guidance of a manager.
Market, Shopper, and Channel / End-User Insights
l Compiles market, shopper / end-user, and channel knowledge gaps and creates a summary for the business to review.
l Helps manage timelines, research briefs and deliverables.
l Upon approval of research, works with the appropriate cross functional teams to conduct the research.
l Helps to compile profiles of competitors and channel customers using primary and secondary research and data.
l Gathers competitive and marketplace intelligence and shares with the organization.
l Provide insight to channel/regional strategy for specific channels / customers.
l Contributes and executes priorities set by Director, Senior Manager / Manager.
l Recommends and tracks success metrics.
l Executes strategy as appropriate.
Channel Planning and Execution
l Contributes to the annual channel management planning process relative to area of responsibility.
- Helps align planning process with Newell Rubbermaid and customer planning / line review process.
- Understands business, brand, and customer priorities and uses the planning process to find common ground.
- Recommends priorities and drives synergies across customers and brands within area of responsibility.
l Provides input to help manager conduct a situation assessment, including analysis of primary and secondary data across market, shopper, and the channel / region.
l Provides input into channel / regional objectives and strategies within area of responsibility.
l Makes initial category management recommendations to optimize performance of shelf set or catalog space, such as optimal SKU assortment, merchandising and shelf/ catalog layout.
l Assists in annual plan development and calendar of activities (1-18 months).
- Helps recommend a calendar of activities and rationale within scope of responsibility.
- Helps develop program financial and non-financial success metrics based on previous performance. Measures progress and recommends improvements.
- Assists in preparation of financial analysis to ensure plans meet GBU financial requirements.
l Executes the plan including promotional programs, such as in-store merchandising signage or displays, retailer feature ads, catalog layouts, events (trade shows), and channel-specific marketing support materials. Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and point of sale.
l Assists in the line review preparation process, collaborating with Sales and Brand / Product Management. Works with Channel Managers and Sales to drive pre-sell activity with customer, manage/drive expectations, and establish mutual goals for the meeting.
- Participates in line review meetings and represents brand and commercial aspects of marketing (if brand team is not present).
Pricing and Trade Fund Guidance
l Provides input on channel / regional perspective and needs for pricing to Channel Manager.
- Collects and analyzes account pricing and distribution for NWL and competitive brands.
- Collects retailer margin and pricing expectations
l Collects and analyzes channel / regional promotional pricing and pricing activity in line with programming requirements and cost-to-serve, to ensure they are within GBU pricing guardrails. Highlights any inconsistencies to management.
l Tracks, analyzes, and reports potential impact of pricing exceptions on channel / region.
l Tracks and analyzes NWL brand and competitive price within area of responsibility. Recommends potential pricing actions.
l Understands what trade funds or customer program spend is available or needed for programming.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of trade spend within area of responsibility.
Brand Stewardship and Merchandising Innovation
l Supports the analysis of new product launch and merchandising initiatives.
- Recommends potential launch activation approaches.
- Manages timelines associated with implementation.
l Completes forecast tools.
l Prepares product mix recommendations
- For the retail partner/at the customer level,
- For the business profitability
l Collects and summarizes business risks and opportunities.
l Tracks and maintains appropriate cost center budget elements and communicate issues.
l Engages in S&OP process to provide input, working with Channel Manager to
- Improve forecast accuracy.
- Recommend ideas to reduce finished goods inventory and E&O, and identify unproductive SKU’s.
- Execute and monitor exits and changeovers.
l Does not apply to this level
l Collaborates with Channel Management peers within their division to share and apply best practices.
l Completes a timely PMDP with an actionable development plan.
l Develops skills of self.
l Recognizes and celebrates success.
Ideal Candidate Profiles:
l University or four-year college.
l Familiarity with channel management, brand management and / or sales through internship experience preferred.
- Internship experience with a CPG or durable company, ideally in channel management, brand management, insights. or sales.
- Developing a multi-year plan or approach and executing at least one year of the plan.
- Leading a team of people to achieve results.
- Collaborating with partners and other organizations to achieve results.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Newell Rubbermaid (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About Newell Rubbermaid (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and professional products that touch the lives of people where they live, learn and work. We are committed to building brands that matter in the lives of the users of our products. We are also committed to leveraging the scale of our company to bring the power of a multi-billion dollar business to bear on each of the business segments through shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our global sales are approximately $6 billion and we have a strong portfolio of globally recognized brands including Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody, Levolor, Kirsch and Teutonia. We are headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Newell Rubbermaid and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
The Rubbermaid Commercial Products division (RCP) is the world’s leading manufacturer of injection-molded products. RCP specializes in solutions for Cleaning, Safety, Waste Management, Material Handling and products for the Catering/Foodservice industry, for various types of sectors in particular for Healthcare, Hospitality, Building Services and Industry. Our products are used in restaurants, airports, convenience stores, hospitals, factories, hotels, offices, stadiums, schools, and many other public areas. Please also visit www.rcpworksmarter.com for better understanding of RCP products and business.