Assistant Training Manager ( Based in Phuket) 1 Position
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001248520
Employer Ref. JW Marriott Phuket2016
Assists with identifying and addressing employee and organizational development needs. The position is assist in ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills. Assists in conducting needs assessments, designing and developing training programs and facilitating the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the human resources or related professional area; certified trainer.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting with Administering Employee Training Programs
- Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Assisting with Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
- Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
- Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Assisting with Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Assists with making any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Assists with establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Assisting with Managing Training Budgets
- Assists with the development of the Training budget as required.
- Assists with managing budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
- Assists with managing department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
Interested candidates are invited to email a full resume,
and enclosing a recent photograph to:
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
About JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Where life just keeps getting better Welcome to Marriott International, Inc. You've found a place where you define what success means to you, and we help make it happen. It's where you'll be given the building blocks you need to forge a challenging new path, the hotel jobs/opportunities you want to expand your skills, and the benefits that let you live the life you want. You'll work alongside co-workers who share your enthusiasm about your hotel employment with Marriott. And you'll discover hospitality jobs that offer growth and promotions that will let you experience the career of a lifetime. Whether you’re applying for your first hospitality job or you are a career professional, Marriott offers success you can experience. Join us. We're Marriott.