ABSOLUTE SANCTUARY , awarded “Best Value For Weight Loss” by Conde Nast Traveller in 2014 is Thailand’s Premier Detox & Yoga resort. A leading boutique wellness resort in Asia specialising in wellness holiday programs, our mission is to help our guests embark on a lifelong journey of health and wellness. The team at Absolute Sanctuary are a dynamic group of individuals well-versed in the needs of wellness holiday guests upholding high standards of service and efficiency in order to uphold our mission and vision.
Absolute Sanctuary is seeking well-qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds to join it's growing and vibrant team. The resortprovides opportunitiesto you whether you are an experienced worker or a pure beginner looking to step into a career in the wellness arena, an upcoming field in today's market.We provide training in the knowledge of the detox process, wellness therapies, healthy eating, yoga and pilates to ensure you are equipped to handle your job.
Assistant Resort Manager
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001228922
Division/Department : Management
Reports To : Resident Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and directs the resort’s Department Heads and employees in the overall running of the Resort by participating in decisions relating to hotel policy, philosophy, direction, goals and objectives and implementing them as directed
- Assists RM to Direct and control operations through the Department Heads and employees to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
- Ensure & maintain professionalism of all staff.
- Assists RM to Oversee the quality, consistency and standards in the entire Resort including the wellness center and that they conform to the requisite standards and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Makes all guests feel welcome by meeting all guests on arrival & departure.
- Interact actively with the guest by speaking with them at least twice a day, monitoring their program progress, actively sourcing for feedback and ensuring that their needs are met.
- Provide support to guests during their stay, answering their questions etc
- Ensures that all guests complaints & special requests are handled in a timely fashion & appropriately
- Works together with RM/OM to improve to increase revenue & occupancy.
- Ensure that VIPs, Media /Journalists are well taken care of
- Conducts the morning briefing and runs additional regular meetings and ad hoc meetings when RM is away or on day off.
- Maintain up to date reports, statistics. Monitors the resort’s costs, budget & revenues.
- Monitors the upkeep and cleanliness of the resort as well as the proper functioning of equipment in both front and back of house areas.
- Performs additional duties as directed by the RM.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to RM for the general improvement of the resort.
- Is polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the hotel is represented.
- Be able to handle Site Inspection.
- Supervise FO Dept and RSVN when needed.
- Be familiar with Love Kitchen food and to help QC the food and service standards.
- Spot check arrival rooms with HK Mgr. and also vacant rooms to ensure our guestrooms are in good conditions.
- Spot check pre-booked schedule and guest bookings at wellness center to ensure for accuracy
- Assist with on island marketing of the resort.
- Minimum 3 years experience in EAM or assistant hotel manager role or the equivalent
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality or equivalent
- Hard working with good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details with great leadership skills
- Fluent in written & spoken English
- Passion for health & wellness
Interested applicants are invited to apply in person or send application with full resume indicating qualifications and experience, transcript, current and expected salary and recent photo via Apply now button only.
88 Moo 5 Bophut Koh Samui, Suratthani, Thailand 84320.
Direct line: 02-252-4400-2
Web site: www.absolutesanctuary.com