Assistant Program Officer 1 Position
The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001210454
Number of vacancy: 1
Positions and fields: Assistant Program Officer
Cultural and intellectual exchange projects
Duty station: Bangkok, Thailand
Expected start day: Sometime in October/November 2016
Type/Duration of contract: 1 – 3 year contract with the possibility of
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s principal organization for promoting international cultural exchange. Opened in 1974, the Japan Foundation, Bangkok (hereinafter called “JFBKK”) has been enthusiastically implementing a diverse range of cultural activities including art, culture and society, and coordinating various programs supporting Japanese language education and Japan studies, in cooperation with the Thai fellow counterparts.
We are looking for Assistant Program Officer who is in charge of following tasks under their superiors.
1. To support Japan Studies and Intellectual Exchange Department’s operational management: This includes but not limited to provide admin and logistics supports to Program Officer and Director of the Department; Maintaining clear and proper accounts of project expenditure ensuring that all payments and the supporting documents are properly recorded; Assisting planning of each project in the Department.
2. Event management: This includes bot not limited to provide admin and logistics support for project evets such as seminars, conferences, workshops, research trips and external/internal meetings; drafting, distributing, collecting and summarizing feedback questionnaire for future event and project improvement.
3. Other occasional tasks assigned by superiors
- Age less than 30 with Thai nationality
- Holding a bachelor degree in relevant field
- Holding a master degree in relevant field is an advantage
- An excellent linguistic ability in Thai
- A strong command of English (equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or TOEIC 750) or Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1 or Level 1)
- Strong and enthusiastic interest in Japanese arts and culture, social issues both in Thailand and Japan
- Relevant interest in academic research in the field of intellectual affairs
- Excellent computer skills and web literacy
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with fellow partners and cultivate productive relationships
- A good attitude to warmly welcoming guests
[Working days] (Basically) Monday to Friday
[Working hours] 9:00 to 17:00
[Basic Salary] 21,000 Baht (Negotiation acceptable with a modest scale)
[Benefit] Commutation allowance, a social/health insurance, etc.
Annual leave (upon the regulation of JFBKK)
How to apply:
Please send the following documents by mail or E-mail to us by Friday 21 October 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and written examination.
- One short essay on your motivation to apply in association with your concern to social issues in Thailand and Japan
(up to 2 pages of A4 papers in English or Japanese)
- CV (in English or Japanese)
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Copies of certification of completion of relevant degree(s)
- One photographs of the face (4 x 6 cm, recently taken one)
- Copies of documents to certify the level of foreign language(s) (if any)
[Attention] Mr. Wathana Onpanich / Mr. Norihiko Yoshioka
[Address] Serm-Mit Tower 10F, 159 Asoke-Montri Road, Bangkok 10110
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
About The Japan Foundation, Bangkok
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s principal organization for promoting international cultural exchange. Opened in 1974, the Japan Foundation, Bangkok (hereinafter called “JFBKK”) has been enthusiastically implementing a diverse range of cultural activities including art, culture and society, and coordinating various programs supporting Japanese language education and Japanese studies, in cooperation with the Thai counterparts.
We are looking for an Assistant Program Officer whose task is mainly (but not limited) in the field of Arts & Culture to plan and coordinate such cultural events mentioned above, as well as to ensure the smooth running of the various programs and projects of JFBKK.