Area Manager (Bath & Body Works)
FASHION KINGDOM CO., LTD.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001215265
Provide leadership in Retail Operations for Thailand. The Area Manager will consistently provide our customers with the highest level of service possible and direct the retail operations in achieving budgeted revenue goals and monitoring expenses.
Job Goals and Objectives
To manage sales performance, coordinate in-store brand building activities, supervise all store operations transversally, look after team building, retail staff motivation and loyalty in order to:
- Build the brand as a premium shopping destination and increase market share.
- Exceed sales budget for all stores
- Achieve maximum profitability
- Ensure retail staff individual growth and long-term commitment,
- Maintain excellence in customer service,
- Ensure compliance with all VG procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the market expert, ensuring that the brand is consistently represented up to VG Standards.
- Partner with Senior Operations Manager from HO to ensure all common goals are met. Share market best practices across divisions and countries.
- Provide assortment, product and pricing insights/feedback
- Partner with Visual Merchandisers and Training Dept and provide dotted line directions in visual merchandising and to roll out brand standards training programs and VG modules
Retail Sales & Service Management
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is being provided in all stores while ensuring that mystery shopper scores are consistently above 85%
- Work with Store Managers to achieve sales goals through dynamic team building, motivational schemes, and seamless communication.
- Study and implement strategic planning of rostering, shift scheduling and zoning practices in order to maximize conversion at all times.
- Determine and ensure the right level of staffing (peak-hours analysis, conversion rates, staffing , part-timer use etc)
- Ensure essential VG Retail practices in accordance to VG Retail Operations Manual are in place (WOW service)
- Work with Regional Merchandising Manager to plan sales rolling forecast daily, weekly, monthly.
- Together with the Marketing Manager, work closely on promotion mechanics to drive traffic and support sales at key period.
- Ensure Customer Registration Cards are filled as per the targets
Staff Training & Development
- Partner with HR to interview, screen, hire, coach and inspire staff in accordance with VG Policies.
- Organize duties and responsibilities delegation to foster a sense of ownership among Store Managers and to increase efficiency of store operations.
- Support the Training Manager to Implement JC Training programs (e.g. WOW Sales Training, Product Knowledge, etc.); hold regular staff meetings and initiate on-the-job training; support store leadership Team to develop their managerial skills (people, metrics, operations).
- Ensure that all JC staff achieves the required training hour targets on E Learning platform.
- Elaborate ideas on incentive scheme, team building events, recognize best sellers and superb customer service, while serving as a role model.
- Liaise with the merchandising & allocation team to orientate replenishment needs
- Ensure stores present merchandise in a manner what will maximize sales and achieve optimum merchandise turn, and are reflective of JC& VG Corporate VM direction.
- Work in partnership with store management, and through supervision of Visual Manager to implement monthly floor set.
- Stay current on product range and educate staff on competitors’ products offering
- Oversee maintenance of accurate inventory records
- Funnel product improvement ideas and feedback to corporate
Retail Operations Management
- Identify methods for lowering expenses and increasing overall store profitability by primarily ensuring payroll cost and cash control in stores are well managed
- To ensure the VG staff working hours and roster policy is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure sufficient management coverage within all stores during festivities and weekends
- Organize the store team functions to ensure the standard of customer service level is achieved.
- Ensuring all operations compliance checks are done and stock counts are conducted in a timely manner each month
- To ensure scores for the bi annual Retail Compliance Checklist is above 85% for all stores.
- Uphold highest standards on all Company audits.
- Ensure that all HR documentation (new hires, disciplinary process and change in status) is promptly and accurately completed and/or communicated.
- Ensure execution of performance management plan and communication of KPIs to all staff is completed in a timely manner as instructed by HR.
- Liaise with Store Design and Store Construction to ensure operational needs are met in all new store environments.
- Assess and prioritize all store maintenance issues working with the Store Manager. This includes contingent, recurring and refurbish maintenance projects.
- Oversee the operational turnover and coordination of all necessary departments for all Store openings, temp locations and renovations.
- Able to analyze ad hoc retail operational issues and make quick judgment calls, which will support retail sales performance.
- Monitoring stock levels and making key decisions about stock control.
- Responding to customer complaints and comments if required
- Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are Recommend the procurement of equipment and facilities instrumental to the performance of retail operations.
- Coordinate all matters related to receiving records, invoices, transfers, shortage and damage reports and purchase orders
- Ensure the stores are kept neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure proper care for stocks, fixtures and furniture within the store.
- Visual displays and merchandising to be in accordance with Visual Merchandising Guidelines and must be of high standards.
- Be vigilant and practice regular checks on staff movements during operating hours.
- To guide, coach and inspire Store Managers to achieve their KPIs and ensure that they up skill themselves via E Learning Platform
- To assist in the Performance Management Plan of staff and tracking the achievement of the KPIs of Store Managers and Store personnel on a bi annual basis.
- To motivate staff to achieve monthly sales targets for all stores and encourage staff earning higher sales commission.
- To improve staff morale leading to positive and dynamic working attitude and environment.
- To maintain general and acceptable staff working conditions.
- To support Store to maintain productivity and retail operational standards in areas of: Discipline, work performance, sales.
Personal Development / Qualities
- To have and maintain at all times competent product knowledge thru regular training for staff.
- Quality leadership skills to lead the staff to perform to their fullest potential.
- To posses effective communication skills and team spirit between retail staff and management.
- Build and maintain good rapport with staff and customers.
- Staff to conduct themselves in a proper and professional manner in compliance with the VG Policies and procedures.
- This position will work closely with the Regional Merchandising Manager and the Operations Team of VG and will take in charge of all store processes, procedures, store check lists, staff communication transmittal, comply with regional store maintenance, uniforms, supplies
- Work is performed in a retail operations work environment where the working hours will be based on retail shift hours.
- This position is highly collaborative involving strong inter-personal skills to conduct store opening thru multiple teams/offices in the region.
- This position requires a good degree of understanding and experience in Retail Sales Operations and Merchandising.
You are expected to apply your best efforts in discharging your responsibilities with care, honesty, skill and diligence.
The Company and or Management reserve the right to introduce, modify, amend or annul any of the set duties/responsibilities in your Job Description above at any time. Any such changes shall be notified to you by issuance of circulars, memorandums or other instructions by whatever name from time to time which form part of the terms and conditions of employment
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to FASHION KINGDOM CO., LTD.
About FASHION KINGDOM CO., LTD.
The history of retail is written today! The Valiram Group, Asia's leading luxury goods retailer continues to expand its presence throughout new markets across the world. Currently in 9 countries across Asia and the Pacific, the Group is renowned for its leadership, creativity and passion in developing, nurturing and creating lifestyle brands.
Retailing almost everything and anything from chocolate bars to diamonds.
The Group now offers incredibly exciting opportunities to outstanding and dynamic individuals