Accounting and Finance Manager
SpiceRoads Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001254432
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises at present 3 staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, yearend audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will be an integral part of the management team which will require strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Manage monthly closing processes to prepare statutory profit and loss, and balance sheet statements
- Prepare monthly management reporting format profit and loss reports
- Manage company cash flows, including AR and AP, capital expenditures and loan servicing
- Manage daily banking requirements and set up and use Internet banking with current bankers to optimise Treasury returns
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures to enhance the work flow if the department.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Control expenditures of finance department within agreed budget
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Define, maintain and explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and issues
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Monitor and analyze finance department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Interact with external auditors in completing audits
- Coach and manage each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of the department and its staff
- Ensure the proper written documentation of all finance department policies and procedures, including detailed job descriptions of all staff, to ensure the uninterrupted running of the department
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with senior management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
Key Competencies and Behaviours:
- Outgoing attitude
- Willingness to assist senior management make better decisions on finance matters
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Work under stress
- Meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Supervisory skills
- Planning and Organisational ability
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of Thai financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, three to five years of accounting experience and successful completion of CPA exams.
- Strong communication skills and good written and spoken English.
- Good presentation skills and use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Be able to motivate, develop and supervise staff effectively
You will be based in our Bangkok office – but some travel may be required.
You will report directly to the CFO/General Manager.
You will initially look after three subordinates who will be the accounting team. They will assist you to make sure all our accounting practices are adhered to and all government returns and company reporting targets are met.
Staff Development & Training
It is part of your job to coach, educate and improve the skill levels of local staff so that they are better equipped to provide accurate and timely accounts.
You will do this by providing training programs for local staff, running workshops and by monitoring and coaching staff as part of your regular ongoing work schedule.
Salary range: negotiable depending on experience.
- 6 days annual leave in year 1 rising to 10 per annum thereafter + 13 days public holidays
- Basic medical cover
- Discounted personal travel within the region
What we expect from you…
A strategic and creative thinker Acknowledges seismic change and defines clear paths to new goals. Able to make the complex simple. Confident in ability and intellect to challenge the status quo and shape the best possible future in an evolving world.
Hungry and flexible enough to learn Enjoys the process of learning and the discovery of emerging solutions. Prepared to be wrong. Prepared to change. Non-dogmatic, non adversarial approach.
Action orientated person who gets things done Able to prioritise between multiple projects to deliver lasting, value-creating change. This role is about advocating and delivering a significant shift in culture.
A strong communicator, negotiator and influencer Able to clearly articulate a vision, excite others, and build relationships.
A passionate self starter Wants to change the world and over deliver (vs targets). Self-motivated, hungry and able to infuse others with similar enthusiasm.
You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments in the changes of accounting procedures and to improve these procedures as are required by Thai law.
You are expected keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments within the organisation including staff changes, new departments, and strategic focus.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. You may perform other duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organisation.
If you are looking for an exciting future with a forward thinking company, please send your CV and a covering letter (in English) to
SpiceRoads Co., Ltd.
45 (Sub Soi Panee), Soi Pridi Banomyong 26, Sukhumvit Soi 71,
Klongtan Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
(BTS Phra khanong )
Visit us at: www.spiceroads.com
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to SpiceRoads Co., Ltd.
About SpiceRoads Co., Ltd.
SpiceRoads Cycle Tours
SpiceRoads is the leading bicycle tour operator in Asia. We are a growing team of dedicated staff working from 2 offices in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. In the field we run exciting bicycle tours, from half day local excursions to 30 day multi-country odysseys.
Our 15 year history in a nutshell...
In the year 2000, a young British cycling enthusiast arrived in Thailand with the intention to lead exciting adventures by bike in the region, SpiceRoads was born. As years past, the business grew. SpiceRoads' became a team of advisors, operators and guides: designing, booking and running the tours. From those humble beginnings, the company has grown from a few bikes and some intrepid riders, to a fleet of top brand machines used for all types of cycling tours by a rider base in excess of 10,000 people a year.
Who are SpiceRoads Team?
The large majority of our dedicated office team (currently 50 staff) are from Thailand, ages are mainly between 20-35 years old, with a few overseas staff in senior roles. We offer our employees an exciting opportunity to develop and grow with the business. Our offices are in a relaxed and picturesque environment, easily accessed by various transport links.