Accident & Health Underwriting Manager
CHUBB SAMAGGI INSURANCE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001235638
Employer Ref. CHUBB SAMAGGI
Reporting line to : Chief Operating Officer and Head of Accident & Health
- Underwrite New Business case of A&H and approve cases within assigned authority according to the underwriting standard
- Oversee and direct submissions to Head of Underwriting for review beyond delegated underwriting authority.
- Obtain approved by Regional Management or Global Underwriting when appropriate.
- Ensure all business is underwritten within established Internal Audit Guidelines
- Establish, implement and communicate country underwriting policies and procedures, response timetables and quality standards.
2.Proactively prepare for account renewal review & sponsor campaigns with marketing staffs. Work with sales staff to identify and produce new products and/or packages to meet current or potential market needs and to generate underwriting profits. Ensure approvals from appropriate regional and regulatory authorities are obtained timely. Initiate account and product reviews with sales staff.
3.Develop and ensure the following underwriting management programs are implemented:
- Loss Control (appropriate use of the available services)
- Quality Control
- Underwriting Plan/Monitoring Control
- Pricing Management (using the Burning Cost Model as appropriate)
- 3rd Party Service Management (E.g. AAI, Cynergy)
- Catastrophe Management
- Portfolio Planning, including Account Management
- Portfolio Pricing
- Portfolio Monitoring and Control
4. Train, mentor and guide Underwriters to be technically proficient in underwriting and product development. Initiate and lead in reviewing underwriting proficiency and customer focus efficiency of Underwriters and Underwriting team
5. Liaise with other functional groups to ensure appropriate and timely flow of technical information into and out of the Underwriting Unit: e.g., Finance and Claims.
6.Support the implementation and maintenance of new and existing products
7.Support and Assist Product Development in terms of:
- Rating and Form development and approval
- Product library updates
- Filing and approval management
- U/W Coordination with marketing
- Comfortable and effective in verbal and written communications in English.
- High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills at multiple levels.
- Experience working within a profit center environment with a mid-size to large multinational company.
- Able to team lead and provide excellent leadership to the department to drive results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment and multi-task
- Bachelor’s Degree in insurance or related fields (master’s degree preferred)
- Male, Female age 25-40 years old
- Solid proficiency of underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices
- Minimum 5 years of experience in A&H underwriting
- Minimum 7 years of experience in insurance industry
- Effective technical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team work skills but also a willingness to work using your own initiative
Location: Interchange 21 Building (Sukhumvit)
2/4 Chubb Tower, 12thFl., NorthPark Project,
Vibhavadi-rangsit Rd, Thung Song Hong, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Thailand
Tel. +66 (0) 2555-9469
Fax +66 (0) 2955-0205
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to CHUBB SAMAGGI INSURANCE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
About CHUBB SAMAGGI INSURANCE PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: www.new.chubb.com.
Chubb Samaggi Insurance Public Company Limited in Thailand is a Chubb company. Established in 1947 and based in Bangkok, Chubb Samaggi Insurance PCL. is a major writer of auto, small commercial and personal accident insurance. As a key player in the local general insurance market, it distributes its products including fire, marine, auto and personal accident insurance through banks, brokers, agents and its branch network comprising 15 offices.